Chandan Portfolio

Hello Community,

I embarked on my investing journey in March 2020 and I’m eager to share my portfolio with you all. As a beginner, I’m continuously learning and seeking advice to enhance my investment strategy. My approach is long-term, with a vision of holding onto my investments for at least 5-10 years.

Currently, I’m 43 years old and I envision working until I’m 50, dedicating 60-70% of my income to stocks to build a substantial nest egg for my retirement. My goal is to steadily grow my portfolio’s profits each year, aiming to triple or even quadruple its value by making informed decisions based on expert opinions shared within this community.

I welcome your suggestions and guidance on how to refine my portfolio, identify promising investment opportunities, and eliminate underperforming assets. Together, let’s strive towards financial success and security for the future.

Thank you.

33 Stocks is way too much diversification according to me. It will not he easy to outperform Nifty 50 Returns

Can you suggest any changes please. If yes then how your guidance would really help me to grow and improve a lot

Its not possible to recommend anything without knowing your risk profile and your expectations from the market.

Of course, I understand how important it is to consider risk and expectations when it comes to investing. I’d say I’m comfortable with moderate risk and prefer steady, long-term growth rather than quick wins. My goal is to build a diverse portfolio with strong companies, aiming for consistent returns over time. To give you a bit more context, I earn 42k monthly and invest around 25-30k regularly. While I’m okay with some ups and downs, I’m not willing to risk losing everything. My main aim is to maximize returns, so I’m ready to take on significant risk to achieve that, aiming to quadruple my portfolio profit every year.

In this forum, the basic expectation to obtain feedback on portfolio post is to first explain your rationale for choosing to invest in them. What makes you think that they are strong companies. Pls elaborate for each stock.

Max 12-15 stocks should be there,
Get rid off many bad companies
Too many companies in auto ancillary industries
Sector diversification requires
For example no top technology companies or defence one

Can you suggest which to remove and which ones to keep

One of the easiest way could be: Sort your Portfolio table on Cur. Val column, book profit in names where the final amount is say less than 50K/1L.

With the money in hand, top-up the existing name with strong tailwind and good business.

In simple terms, why experts suggest 10-12 holdings is …to get focused on Portfolio Allocation.

If capital gain is coming out to be >1L, sell in two tranches, one before 31Mar 2024, other in April 2024 or later.

You have bought good names at low price…don’t look at just percentage return, look at the absolute value too. Instead of spreading thin and wide, can concentrate.

Of course, you can also switch horses, from not so good business but with high allocation to good business with lowest allocation in your existing portfolio…you can also add a new name…see, that is the flexibility of self investing, otherwise we have Mutual Funds.

Hope this helps in getting started.

2 Likes