CFO vs Net Profit

Hello fellow investors,

I have been reading this forum for last few days and I find it highly insightful going through the various topics. This is my first post here and I hope to be a regular contributor going forward.

I have a question on Gujarat Themis Biosyn. I was going through the financials of the company and found it clearing all boxes in terms of sales growth, profits, ROCE, ROE, D/E ratio, etc. Company has given very good results over the last 10 years of its journey.

I am however finding it difficult to grasp the difference between the Net Profit and CFO over the last 10 years. Particularly, Cumulative CFO over 10 years (Rs. 111 Crores) has been way less than Cumulative Net Profits (Rs. 184 Crores). Company is debt free since last 3-4 years.

Can someone throw light as I understand the CFO should be higher than Net Profits?

Thanks in advance.
Havneet

OCF = NI + D&A - NWC where NI is net income, D&A is deprecation and amortization and NWC is net working capital.

Check the depreciation, amortization and net capex. I think in case of Guj Themis, over the years, capex would have been higher.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Yes indeed they are having sizeable capex currently and yes as I could understand a lot of cash is tied up in WC.

Thank you for the reply. Your point clears the doubt as I could see sizeable cash tied up in inventory and receivables.