Caution Investor Portfolio Please Review

Alembic Pharma Shocker yesterday really disturbed me. Yesterday night I was looking at my pharma exposure - Divi’s, Dr. Reddy’s, Laurus, JB Chem, and Neuland. Felt Dr. Reddy’s to be most vulnerable. Sold about 50% first thing in the morning. Invested some of the proceeds into Laurus, Strides, and Kotak. Went out of my home to my work and was completely off the markets. News on Dr, Reddy’s is not encouraging - problem with US “subpoena” - this term I am hearing for the first time. If only sales down or margins down, I am not too worried - this regulatory problem has shaken me.

I have decided to completely move off from Dr Reddy’s. I would like to have further opinion of what is this Subpoena - how is it different from US FDA regulations. Is it a fraud? Any light on this from other members would be of great help. Thanks.

Applied for clean Science and tatva Chintan…did not get. Don’t think this is the right time to enter either of those.

1 Like

This past 2 weeks has been very difficult for me. I have not felt so stressed even during that Covid-19 fall in March '20. I got alerted with Alembic Pharma results and sold 50% in Dr. Reddy’s before the results and completely exited thereafter. But I could not foresee something similar can happen with Neuland and Strides. And Sequent was even more painful. Then IDFC First going down and the small caps -Kilpest Pix RACL etc - It was like waves - one big wave hits and before you can recover another even bigger waves after waves.

To make matters worse I have tremendous work pressure ever since 2nd wave lockdown opened where I have to clear all the backlogs and work double hard before the third wave hits… I am into field works and do not have luxury of working-from-home. Wife too started working and we have to manage our 5 year old kid and her online classes and school assignments etc.

Fortunately, I have more than 25% of cash still to be invested - So added Today:
Astral - I have listened to the Concall and read Annual report and felt confident that expensive valuations even out in future opportunities.
CAMS - Reasonably good Q1fy22 results. I feel mutual fund industry has slow but long way of growth ahead.
Kilpest - Averaged down my buy price and Vlaue Investment.
Mastek - Fast growing midcap IT still have some valuation comfort.
Sequent - Added at 20% LC - Unique business of Animal Health API. Hope Corporate governance is not a big factor.
Also I have added bit in HDFC @ 2392, Kotak @ 1674, and Reliance @ 2040 few days back.

I have sold Clean Science - It was sort of revenge buy because I did not get IPO allotment (It was my first ever IPO application) felt I am being too adventurous. But looking forward to having it in my PF along with Tatva Chintan.

My future plan is to look at opportunities to add Divi’s, Deepak Nitrite, and few other existing Stocks.

8 Likes

I have taken about 15% Loss and exited Strides few days back.

These days, I have started studying Technical analysis. If I look back, on daily Charts of Strides, on June 22, there was a “Hanging Man” candle. It was formed by a long lower shadow - meaning that either bears have entered or insiders have sold. Actually @kris had bought this insiders selling to our notice but no one gave significance to this and I myself too ignored it. If I had some knowledge of technical analysis at that time, I could have escaped the pain…

Today, I have sold off Infy at almost peak price in very good profits. There is no technical reason or “Hanging Man” here :slightly_smiling_face:. This Income Tax portal controversy has been bothering me for some time. Now someone has alleged corruption charges. I am sure it’s just an allegation but fearful what if it takes a political turn. Also I am very disappointed that a company of the stature of Infosys cannot solve this problem for months - what about reputation?

I have deployed the proceeds of Strides into Divi’s and Deepak Nitrite. I am analysing Persistent Systems to replace Infosys in my portfolio.

I am studying healthcare sector very closely. I have exposure to Pharma API and formulations. I have diagnostics. I am looking forward to adding Syngene into my core portfolio. I do not have exposure to Hospitals and looking at HCG - Healthcare Global - they are into niche Oncology specialization. Here I feel, appointment of Raj Gore as CEO could be a game changer. He has been in healthcare Industry for 17 years. Where Dr. Ajai Kumar can take care of technological aspects and Gore on Corporate and operational aspects - Similar to Dr. Pramod Chaudhari / Shishir Joshipura in Praj Industries.

4 Likes

If you are going to look at daily charts and sell stocks you will end selling all your stocks in a few days.

Pharma sector was on run and it is correcting now. Specialty chemicals is also on a run and will correct. Everything that goes up or down will correct.

Cheers

3 Likes

I Increased holdings in TCS, Mastek, Angel and Deepak Nitrite. New positions in LTTS and Oberoi Realty. Sold off HUL.

If you could also briefly mention the rationale for the additions and the sale, it will help the reader to understand your thought process better.

1 Like

There is a significant change in my Investment Journey.

October 23 is my kid’s birthday. On that very same day my wife informed me that she has been Investing in a retirement Scheme called ICICI Pru Freedom SIP. Rs. 6000/- is monthly Investment which goes into 2 schemes named IPru Blue Chip Fund and IPru MultiCap Fund. SIP will continue for 15 years - on completion of which we have option to withdraw entire accumulated profits or opt for Systematic Monthly Income which is 3 times of SIP ie Rs. 18000/- until year 2099. My wife landed a job in June 2020 and She started this SIP From July 2020 - She absolutely did not inform or consult me before taking such an important decision.

I was somewhat disappointed hearing this because she very well knows I invest in stocks but she did not trust me and went ahead and Invested in a mutual fund scheme. But she consoled me saying that NaMo Sukanya Samvriddhi Yojna for our Kid’s future and this SIP scheme for our own future :slight_smile:

Anyways I checked Portfolios of these 2 schemes and Top combined Holdings as on October 31, 2021:
ICICI Bank - 18.7%
HDFC Bank - 13.3%
Infosys - 9.6%
Reliance - 9.1%
Bharti Airtel - 8.1%
Axis Bank - 6.1%
L&T - 6.5%
TVS Motor - 6%
Avenue Super - 5.5%
HCL Tech - 4.9%
HDFC Ltd - 4.6%
SBI Life - 4%
SBI - 3.5%
Tech Mahindra - 3.5%
Maruti Suzuki - 3.4%

This Incident has completely disrupted my own Portfolio Strategy where I adopted the concept of Core and Satellite with Core being Large Cap Blue Chip stocks - stable - minimum churn. Now that large caps taken care by this Mutual Fund sip and to avoid repetition, I completely exited Reliance and L&T - Sold about 40% of HDFC Ltd. and 40% of Kotak Mahindra Bank. I would have completely exited HDFC and Kotak but - 1. I did lot of research before investing - emotionally attached - 2. where to invest that much proceeds?

I have also sold Galaxy Surfactants, Garware Technical, Pix trans and Kilpest reason being I am not confident enough to increase allocation in them.

I have been adding little bits in Divi’s, Bajaj Finserv, Asian Paints, Tata Elxsi, Mastek, IDFC First, Kajaria, Laurus, Sequent, Neuland, Dr. Lal Pathlab, Navin Fluo, Angel1, IEX, Praj, and RACL whenever there is dip in the prices.

Most Significant new stock in my portfolio is SAREGAMA. November 1 - Karnataka Rajyotsava day which we celebrate with Joy and on that day, I added almost 4% of portfolio amount in one shot! Never I have invested such a large amount in one tranch in any other stock in my portfolio!

Acrysil & Neogen Chem - I am betting on New Capex coming in near future. Also have started a small tracking positions in Indoco Remedies, Oberoi Realty, Fiem Industries and Healthcare Global.

My Portfolio with %ge Allocation As on 10/12/2021 Closing Prices:
TCS - 3.3
TATAELXSI - 4.5
LTTS - 2.7
PERSISTENT - 3.3
MASTEK - 3.6

HDFC LTD - 1.8
KOTAKBANK - 1.5
BAJFINANCE - 3.7
BAJAJFINSV - 4.4
IDFCFIRSTB - 1.3 | Led by Visionary V Vaidyanathan.

ASIANPAINT - 2.5
PIDILITE - 2.6
ASTRAL - 1.8
KAJARIACER - 1.4
PRINCEPIPE - 0.7
ACRYSIL - 1.8
OBEROIRLTY - tracking

DIVISLAB - 4.7 | Led by Intellectual Fanatic Dr. Murali K Divi.
LAURUSLABS - 4.5 | Led by Visionary Dr. Satyanarayana Chava.
SEQUENT - 1.2
NEULANDLAB - 1.3
JBCHEPHARM - 1.3 | Indian Branded Generics plus Lozenges - Led by KKR PE Investor.
INDOCO - tracking | Indian Branded Generics plus R&D.

LALPATHLAB - 2.6 | Strong in North.
METROPOLIS - 2.4 | Strong in West & South.

PIIND - 2.8
SRF - 3.9
DEEPAKNTR - 5.2
NAVINFLUOR - 3.4
NEOGEN - 1.9

CAMS - 2.3
CDSL - 3.4
ANGELONE - 2.5

TATACONSUM - 2.3
IEX - 2.6
SAREGAMA - 3.6
PRAJIND - 0.7 | Led by Intellectual Fanatic Shri Pramod Chaudhari deputy Shishir Joshipura.
HCG - Tracking | Led by Intellectual Fanatic Dr. B S Ajai Kumar with deputy Raj Gore.

RACLGEAR - 2.5 | Hopeful of a Multibagger here.
FIEM - tracking | LED lamps & Ola Story.
MOStN100 ETF - 1.5 | US NASDAQ Exposure.

I welcome views / Suggestions. Thanks.

2 Likes

Both Icici funds have good bluechip companies. I would not bother too much about a little overlap in holdings, since most quality MFs will inevitably have HDFC, Reliance, L&T etc in their portfolio. The allocation that the fund managers give to these companies is not in our control and can change anytime.

What we can control however, is how much this MF contributes to the overall portfolio (Direct equity + MFs). If it is less than 15%, my suggestion would be to avoid disturbing your existing allocation/strategy since your horizon is long term.

3 Likes

I appreciate and understand your view. I still have Largecaps like Bajaj Twins, TCS, DIVI’S, Asian Paint, etc. It’s just that earlier I divided my portfolio into Core and Satellite which now I have removed and allocated as sector-wise with each sector having combination of Large Cap - Mid Cap - and Small Cap with no particular preference to Large or Mid caps. Also I am somewhat inclined towards Quality MidCaps that have One foot at the doors of becoming large Caps.
Thank You @vjf_0907.

1 Like

@Caution_Investor, what do think of GPIL?

@vedantinvestor I have not studied GPIL. It’s out of my circle of competence.

1 Like

My portfolio changes since last update:

I have added

TITAN - True Brand Factory!
Jewellery:
Brands: Tanishq - Zoya - Mia - CaratLane together still only 6% market share → growth opportunity.
This Year so far opened 27 Stores projected to end with 35-37 Stores in Fy22. Fy23 pipeline of opening 35-40 Stores. All brands together already more than 500 stores, could hit 600-700 Store in 2 - 3 years.

Eyecare
In the last 9 months added 125 stores - largest expansion ever done in Eyecare division.
Quot in Concall “It has taken us 15 years to reach 700 stores - the 16th year will take us to 1000 stores!”
One more growth engine is distribution channel thru which they reach to 7000-8000 multibrand outlets. Earlier used to only distribute sunglasses, now also distribute frames. Lot of revamp done in this channel to reach out to 20-30,000 mom and pop shops deep and wide across the country.

Watch - Brands: Favre-Leuba, Xylys, Nebula, Titan, Zoop, Fastrack, Sonata.
In Q3fy22 itself opened 35 new stores; 29 stores being renovated.

On the one hand they are doing Regionalization strategy and gaining market share in South and West and going deep into “Bharat” - the UP, Bihar, Orissa etc and on the other hand trying to go international targeting NRIs in Americas Europe Middle East Gulf etc.

LTI - Let’s Solve
I had sold L&T and I am deploying the proceeds slowly into LTTS and LTI.
LTI is 6th Largest Indian IT services company led by Sanjay Jalona - he was the EVP & Global Head of High-Tech, Manufacturing and Engineering Services business at Infosys. I am not a techie but visualize that - Digital transformation, Hyperscalers cloud services, ER&D etc will keep our Indian IT guys very very busy for at least 3-4 years. Technology is continuously evolving and some new opportunities will always be there in future.

Jubilant Foodworks
I was looking for an exposure in fast growing QSR segment. I Studied Devyani, Westlife, Burger King, Sapphire etc. I could not understand the arrangement w.r.t. KFC & Pizzahut between Devyani & Sapphire. I could not decide who is better - McD or Burger King. In the middle of this confusion there comes Jubilant and Launches POPEYES. Frankly I never heard of this brand but came to understand that they are similar to KFC, but initial reviews are excellent.

In Q3 they opened 75 new Domino’s - Highest ever by any Domino’s Franchisee in any market in a quarter and crossed milestone of 1500 Stores. When it comes to delivery, they are much better than cash burning Zomato. My only worry is CG issue like payment of brand loyalty etc.

Sona Comstar
I have been listening to Vivek Vikram Singh Concalls and Interviews and very impressed. He is Young and Inspite of success, very down to earth kind and not arrogant. I feel Sona is a gold standard in EV AutoAnc and can stand up to any global company in Quality. I was looking for Investing in EV opportunity. I have been looking at HeroMoto and TataMoto and EV charging opportunity with Tata power etc. I Even had holding in FIEM also. Finally felt if I invest in Sona, I will have enough of EV:)

Jash Engineering
Inspiration - excellent thread in Valuepickr .
Thanks to @Uzair_Fahmi and @GARP_niveshak
A typical small family business now run by a 3rd gen guy - who worked very hard and built it slowly. Very impressed by Prateek Patel Sir who reminds me of Bhai Gurusharan Singh of RACL Geartech.

Mirza & IDFC the holdCo.
My first try at Special Situation opportunity via demerger on the one hand and Merger on the other:). Again, the discussion in VP helped. Since this is my first attempt at Special Situations investing, I have not taken a big bet.

I have Sold
Tata Elxsi. Sold about 30% holding and booked almost 3x profit. I am very sure to Invest this entire amount back here if price corrects about 20-25% from my sell price.

Sold remaining holding in HDFC. Gained about 18% profit (My first tranche of selling yielded 50% profit)

Pidilite (Booked 75% profit). Wanted to have either Asian Paint or Pidilite. Asian Paint is easier to track because of lesser number of SKU’s.

Prince Pipes (profit 15%). Reason for buying Prince was - it catching up with Astral valuation. In current situation, it’s reverse i.e. Astral coming down rather than Prince going up. I will bet on Astral Itself.

JB Chem & Pharma (Profit 38%). Pharma Business is far more complex than I thought. I have decided It’s going to be only DIVI’s and LAURUS for me. I would have sold Indoco too but that would have resulted in loss. So, will hold on for some time till it crossed my buy level.

Bajaj Finserv (profit 52%). Proceeds I am slowly investing in Bajaj Finance as and when prices correcting.

Neogen Chemicals (profit 48%). Too many chemical companies in portfolio. May buy it back if valuation comforts.

FIEM (Profit 40%). It was a bet on EV. But now I have decided only to Invest in Sona Coms for EV opportunity. I will not look anywhere else.

Oberoi Realty (No profit No loss). Have no reason to give for selling. This sector is out of my bandwidth.

Metropolis (profit 4%). Somewhat disappointed with Q3 results. I Will concentrate on Dr. Lal. It is better to bet on leader. Easier to track and Easier to allocate more money.

Exited Sequent and booked 15% LOSS. Thesis of unique business of animal healthcare did not work out for me.

Neuland (booked 33% loss). Maximum loss in terms of %ge in my Investing journey so far.

My Portfolio As on 16/2/22
Scrip and Holding% on CMP

TCS : 6.4% : Added @ every fall - to participate in buyback. Based on acceptance, adjust allocation.
TATAELXSI : 3.7% : Reduced. Will buy back on correction.
LTI : 1.3% : Recent acquisition - will increase.
LTTS : 2.8% : Added little @ fall - will increase.
PERSISTENT : 3.8% : Added - Not sure of adding more.
MASTEK : 3.6% : No change - Wait and watch.

KOTAKBANK : 1.5% : Had sold 40% holding @ 64% profit. Will add more if price drop.
BAJFINANCE : 6% : Added - will increase to max 9% weight.
IDFC : 1% : Sp. Situation play. Will add at every fall.
IDFCFIRSTB: 1.2% : Increase via IDFC HoldCo.

ASIANPAINT : 2.6% : No change. Will increase.
ASTRAL : 2.6% : Added. Will increase to 9% eventually.
KAJARIACER : No change. Target 6% weightage.
ACRYSIL : 2% : Added. Target 6% weightage.

DIVISLAB : 5.4%: Added. Target 9% weightage.
LAURUSLABS : 5.5% : Added heavily in recent fall at around 450/- Pause for a while.
INDOCO : 0.5% : No change. Exit at an opportune time.

LALPATHLAB : 3% : Added. A switch from Metropolis to Dr. Lal. Target 9% weightage.
HCG : 0.4% : No change. Studying Narayana and Apollo also. May Increase or switch.

PIIND : 2.6% : No change. Confused w.r.t pharma entry. Probably exit.
SRF : 5.2% : Added. will Increase upto 6%.
DEEPAKNTR : 5.1% : Added little. Wait and watch.
NAVINFLUOR : 3.6% : Added. Increase to 6% then to 9%. Valuation Concern.

TITAN : 1.8% : New entry. Will take it to 9% weightage eventually by SIP.
JUBLFOOD : 1.9% : New entry. Target 6%. If Bhartias throw googly - exit.
TATACONSUM : 2.2% : No change. Not sure to increase or exit.

CAMS : 2.4% : Added. Will take it to 6% but slowly. I Trust on Mutual Fund Sector.
CDSL : 3.5% : No Change. Target 6%. Waiting for correction.
ANGELONE : 3.1% : Added. Target 6%. Build conviction over a period of time.

SAREGAMA : 3.5% : Added. Target 6% - May be 9%. Track it closely.
IEX : 2.3% : No change. It’s just there in my portfolio.
PRAJIND : 0.7% : No change. Target 3%. Waiting if Praj Matrix plays out.

SONACOMS : 1% : New entry. Take it to 9% by SIP over a period.
RACLGEAR : 2.7% : Added. Target 6% slowly.
JASH : 1.4% : New Kid. Study. Increase over a period of time if convinced.

MIRZAINT : 1.7% : Thanks @sahil_vi - Demerger theme. Increase. Be wary of corporate governance.

MOSTN100 ETF : 1.3% : US stock exposure. Keep on Invest by SIP mode.

I really appreciate suggestions or review. Thanks.

7 Likes

My portfolio Q4fy22 update:)

Highest allocation in my portfolio was in IT. Around q4 results IT stocks started falling and fall only intensified thereafter. And then L&T announced LTI - Mindtree merger! During that weekend I worked out a strategy…

I sold off Persistent Systems @ 24% profit and Mastek @ 73% profit. I had submitted my TCS Holding in buyback offer of which about 27% accepted. I feel that for an year or so until the merger is completed, there will be lot of turmoil in LTI and I will get opportunity to accumulate two of the finest midcap IT companies at reasonable valuation over a period of time. Sanjay Jalona going out is bit disappointing but I am confident of Debashis Chatterjee who proved is leadership in Cognizant and Mindtree and Reputation of parent L&T.

Dr. Lal PathLabs: It’s been a roller coaster ride. First bought around same time last year @ 2700 added some more @ 3290 - added still more @ 2655 and ultimately sold @ 2250. I took a loss of about 21%. I did not think competition would come so fast. Here margin compression is most worrying but long term prospect still intact. I may re-enter at a better valuation.

As I already mentioned, my wife has been Investing in a scheme - ICICI Pru Freedom SIP. This scheme takes care of Large Cap Stocks. She also Investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana which takes care of debt Investment. I only have home loan which will be over in 8-9 years. So I can take some risk.

Also I have gained about 3 years experience in equity investing during which time I have read 100s of company Annual reports, Investor presentations, and listened to Concalls. Now I am shifting more towards Small Caps and mid caps. So I have sold Asian Paints and some Bajaj Finance. Also sold PI Industries and some SRF to reduce exposure to Sp. Chemical sector. I sold half of Angel One - I feel CAMS for Mutual Fund and CDSL for Equity is better bet for financialization theme as both have entry barrier and less competition.

New Investment:
Raj Ratan Global wires: I feel in automobiles tyres least disruptive item. Automobile Industry is down for sometime now and still Rajratan is doing exceedingly well. So when Auto turnaround happens they will do even better? If my thesis here works out I wish to sing "Payoji maine Raj Ratan dhan payo :slightly_smiling_face:

Borosil Renewables: (Thanks to @Tar ) I was about to buy this long time back but missed. Now in this market down turn hope to get an opportunity. Studying RHI Magnesita and Apcotex Industries.

My portfolio allocation % as on 20/05/2022 Closing Price NSE:

TCS … 5.4
TATAELXSI … 6.6
LTI … 2.0
LTTS … 2.8
KOTAKBANK … 2.1 | Will exit if Small/midcap opportunity appears
BAJFINANCE … 2.5 | Will exit if Small/midcap opportunity appears
IDFC … 1.3 | Special Situation experiment to gain experience
IDFCFIRSTB … 1.4
ASTRAL … 1.9 | Will exit if Small/midcap opportunity appears
KAJARIACER … 1.8
ACRYSIL … 1.2
DIVISLAB … 7.1
LAURUSLABS … 7.8
INDOCO … 0.5 | Will Exit
HCG … 0.7 | Not sure. Trying to build conviction.
SRF … 3.3
DEEPAKNTR … 6.5
NAVINFLUOR … 4.9
TITAN … 2.1
JUBLFOOD … 1.7
TATACONSUM … 3.2
CAMS … 3.2
CDSL … 3.9
ANGELONE … 2.4 | Will Exit
SAREGAMA … 4.7
IEX … 2.8 | Will Exit
PRAJIND … 1.3
SONACOMS … 1.6
RACLGEAR … 4.1
JASH … 2.7
RAJGLOWIR … 1.1
MIRZAINT … 2.7 | Special Situation experiment to gain experience
MOStN100 ETF . 1.7 | US Stock exposure - opportunistic SIP Investment
BORORENEW … 0.9 | Starting position
RHIM …| Studying
APCOTEXIND …| Studying

I follow with interest @Sahil_Sharma @Worldlywiseinvestors @Tar - Thank You guys.
There is a guy on Twitter - Ameya @Finstor85 with great insights into IT Sector.
Very very grateful to Valuepickr Forum. Thanks.

6 Likes

By the grace of God I am happy to inform that my wife has received a lump sum amount by way of selling a property by her maternal family (in which she too had invested years back :slight_smile:

First thought was to part-pay my home loan but I rejected it as I want this money to belong to my wife 100% - besides I am availing income tax benefit on my home loan. About 15% of this amount kept safe in her Bank FD for emergency requirement and Capital Gains Tax purpose. About 10% we deposited into Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme for our Kid. Kept 5% into Bank Saving A/c. Rest 70% We would like to invest in Equity and Mutual Funds.

Firstly my wife opened her own Demat Account with Zerodha…
Stock selection criteria is

1. We should have 100% faith in the Management.
  2. The company should survive and thrive at least a decade.
  3. The business should be understandable to my wife who is just starting her journey.

The Stocks on Zerodha Kite:

TITAN is the first stock she selected. Gold Jewellery is most aspirational and auspicious. She had invested in Tanishq Gold Harvest scheme couple of times. She is familiar with Titan Eyewear, Watches, and Fastrack Brands.

DMART - Our Monthly Grocery provider. Over a period of time we tried Reliance Jio Mart, Online Big Basket, Amazon, Flipkart etc but DMART is most convenient and Value for Money.

Bajaj Finance. We have used their service while buying Fridge, Television, Washing Machine etc.

M&M. A close friend of my wife have bought XUV 3OO. There is a Mahindra Showroom near to my wife’s office and last week she went there just to check. So impressed with those display vehicles that now she wants to book one Scorpio! No we just cannot afford it. So ended up buying M&M Shares. She has been watching this video with awe!

TCS - My wife works in a IT service company - not as a Techie but in business operations. So she is comfortable investing in IT. But she was eager to invest in Infosys or TechM - But I suggested that TCS more stable and safer bet.

Narayana Hrudayalaya: Here in Bengaluru generally NH is the first choice of middle class ppl for Heart Surgery. We have visited the Hospital many times. We trust this hospital and have faith in Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty.

Manyavar - This is my selection. I have no doubt about the longevity of the business. Trustworthiness of the management yet to be established.

Devyani - This too is my selection for my wife portfolio. I am bullish on QSR segment. Management already proven execution capability with Varun Beverages.

Last but not the least…

PPFAS! - Parag Parikh Flexi Cap on Zerodha Coin. I myself selected this fund. Why because - The recent issue with Axis Mutual Fund and sometime back in Franklin Templeton has concerned me. As in Stocks, Mutual fund Manager integrity too is important, I felt. I trust PPFAS Fund Managers who are conservative, transparent and have invested their own money in the scheme.

Also I am looking for 1 midcap and 1 smallcap fund and 1 FMCG stock or something like Page Industries to be in her portfolio for which we have reserved some funds.

Changes in my portfolio:
EXITS
TCS | Bajaj Finance | Titan | As my wife has invested.
Kotak Mahindra Bank because PPFAS and ICICI pru Mutual funds have very high weightage in Banking.
Indoco Remedies. In pharma I will only have Divis and Laurus.
Deepak Nitrite. The blast was too scary. I just hit the panic button. I exited Angel One completely.
IEX - I am uncomfortable with frequent Govt interference.
Mirza International (3x Profit) and Jash Engineering (51% profit) - Small Cap moving up too fast - so, booked profits.

New Additions
Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company - A reputed Murugappa Group Company. They are Focused on Middle of the Pyramid in MSME Sector - Leaving Bottom of the Pyramid to Microfinance and Top of the Pyramid to Banks.

Geographical Presence across India - From J&K to Knyakumari. I think only SBI can boast such a branch network across India! Even more surprising is that more than 80% of branches are in Rural and tier III and below towns!

Ten year CAGR of - Disbursement @ 13% | AUM @ 17% | PPoP @ 23% | PAT @ 24%
RoE increased from 16-17-18% to 20% | NIM @ 8%
They are into Vehicle Finance (27% Used Vehicle) LAP, Home Loan, CSEL (Consumer & Small Enterprise, SBPL (Secured Business & Personal Loan)
Excellent Risk Management framework & Technology Upgradation.

Schaeffler. German Parent focused on future readiness with roadmap laid out to all it’s group companies spread across the world. I read entire CY2021 Annual Report. Very Impressive.

RHI Magnesita: Refractory Products & Solution provider. Related to commodity/cyclical Industry. I am betting on - that It is MNC hence outsourcing opportunity.

Tejas Networks: Tata Group company. Telecommunication Equipment Manufacturer. Future 4G & 5G opportunity.

My Wife Portfolio with allocation% as on closing Price 19/08/22:

TITAN > 13.4%
DMART > 13.1%
BAJFINANCE > 15.8%
M&M > 11.3%
TCS > 10.1%
NH > 12%
MANYAVAR > 7.9%
DEVYANI > 5.0%
PPFAS > 11.4% - The FlexiCap Mutual Fund.

My Self Portfolio With allocation %ge as on closing price 19/08/22
Buy prices adjusted for splits/bonus etc.

TATAELXSI > 6.1% - Sold some @ 7575/- Some more @ 9600/- Hold about 45% of original quantity.
LTI > 5.2% - Buy prices | 5690 - 4320 - 3980 - 3760 - 3860 | in 16% profit.
LTTS > 4.5% - Buy Prices - 4620 - 4304 - 3390 - 2970 | still in slight LOSS.

IDFC > 2.3% - Avg buy price 48.40 | in 27% profit.
IDFCFIRSTB > 2.6% - Avg buy price 37.84 | in 18% profit.

ASTRAL > 3.4% - Buy prices | 1410 - 1960 - 1595 - 1640 | in 30% Profit.
KAJARIACER > 2.8% - Buy prices | 918 - 1055 - 927 - 936 | in 24% profit.
ACRYSIL > 2.4% - Buy prices | 669 - 681 - 475 | in 22% profit (had sold little quantity @ 690)

DIVISLAB > 6.6% - Since 3/4/2020 buy prices | 1900 - 2450 - 3260 - 3250 - 4175 - 4180 - 4495 - 3809 - 3380 | in 20% profit.
LAURUSLABS > 7.7% - Buy prices | 240 - 320 - 345 - 454 - 592 - 460 - 450 - 445 | in 61% profit.
HCG > 2.0% - Buy prices | 227 - 260 - 270 | in 12.8% profit.

SRF > 3.3% - Buy prices | 1060 - 1131 - 1570 - 2380 | In almost 2x profit | (had sold some @ 2660)
NAVINFLUOR > 3.3% - Buy prices | 1759 - 2110 - 3165 - 3275 - 3560 - 3460 | in 53% profit.

JUBLFOOD > 2% - buy price @ 584 on 14/2/22 no change - in 2% profit.
TATACONSUM > 3.9% - buy prices | 505 - 625 - 709 | in 34% profit.

CAMS > 3% - buy prices | 1428 - 1925 - 2140 - 2120 | in 31% profit.
CDSL > 3.9% - buy prices | 516 - 975 - 1065 | in 75% profit.

SAREGAMA > 4.2% - buy prices | 393 - 380 - 360 | in 6.3% profit.

PRAJIND > 1.4% - buy prices | 358 - 310 - 327 - 306 | in 14% profit.
SONACOMS > 1.7% - buy prices | 575 - 530 - 510 | in 5.8% LOSS
RACLGEAR > 3.8% - buy prices | 244 - 505 - 538 - 515 - 505 | in 55% profit.
RAJRATAN > 3.6% - buy prices | 615 - 609 - 585 | in 81.5% profit.

BORORENEW > 0.7% - Tracking - Concerned about foreign acquisition & confusion.

CHOLAFIN > 4.1% - New addition - already in 25.6% profit !
SCHAEFFLER > 5.9% - New addition - already in 36.7% profit !!
RHIM > 1.6% - New addition - in 16.4% profit.
TEJASNET > 2.4% - New addition - in 17.7% profit.
MON100 > 1.9% - Motilal Oswal NASDAQ100 ETF - in 3.8% profit.

Just a thought - My observation In Life - generally - Middle Class ppl are most ambitious, aspirational, and optimistic. The poor are always struggling and few make it big by hard work or luck(?). The rich - most of them - their wealth grows without too much of hassle. They are content (?)

In stocks also
SmallCaps - few create great wealth but there are lot of ups and downs. Difficult to Spot.
The LargeCaps - they are safe and they grow - but Incremental growth is somewhat limited.
BUT the MidCaps - They have already proven the capability by graduating from SmallCaps to MidCap. They are very ambitious to become LargeCap…
So - I am more inclined towards Mid Cap Stocks :slight_smile:

I am thankful to this great forum.

13 Likes