Canfin homes ltd

So in my case do I need to submit at ICICI bank branch?

they have asked for a cheque payable at bank in hyderabad or demand draft,i presume an a crossed at par cheque would suffice.Anybody with better understanding can pitch in

Had horrific experience while using ASBA in ICICI.Since i have an ICICI Direct Account, yesterday I went to Malleshwaram branch(http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/investments/ASBA/asba-branches.page) to apply using ASBA process. To my surprise they said, they are not authorized to apply for ASBA since they are not the bankers and they didn’t receive any intimation regarding that and asked me to approach MG road branch. When I insisted them to call MG road branch to get the clarification, they called up some friend(some lady) and they also repeated the same thing and one more surprising thing they said is, I am not eligible to apply via ASBA since my investment is less than 2 lac :slight_smile:

Even over the phone I read all the instructions as well but they didn’t listen to it. So came back without applying. but made mistake of not asking for any written statement from them.

So, tomorrow planning to go to HDFC branch to apply directly. If anyone else was successful using ASBA(in icici) pls share.

Hi,

I’ve applied the rights issue using CITI BANK ASBA today. My experience is as following:

I was not getting the CAF from karvy in mail and planned plain paper method. But sent a quick mail to karvy rights mail id mentioned in the sebi document and they’ve called me immediately asking about my DP Account, ID and address (for quick verification) and sent the duplicate CAF to my mail id (very good response).

1. CAF: Taken the print out and have filled some basic details asked in the form (section#A)

2. ASBA - Went to CITI BANK, chennai where they’ve checked the form and asked PAN card copy for financial transaction purpose (mention the phone number). Said all good and call back in case if required.

Overall it went well.

-Muthu

Prashant

Most of the ICICI Bank branches in Chennai don’t have a clue. Had similar horrific experience with them. They redirect to other branches (including in those mentioned as SCSB in their site and SEBI) and its pathetic even their Managers are clueless. Spent few hours between their many branches / managers, and was finally told that it will be processed by their back office and I can give to the form to Manager of SCSB branches, who will forward it to their back office. My questions on escalations / exception handling did not get convincing replies. Given the experience and their awareness levels, am not confident with their proposed experiment with me especially on a rights form which has a financial value. So back to square one and am willing to give cheque to HDFC Bank than taking a risk with ICICI.

Thanks

Bramha

My experience with ICICI Bank is also not pleasant. I am an NRE and I didn’t get CAF via mail. I called Karvy and they asked me to make a formal request through mail and furnish an indian address for their record. I did that and within two days I got duplicate CAF through email.

Now my real struggle started with ICICI Bank. I have NRE account with them at their Free Press House, Nariman Point, Mumbai Branch ( By the way I am eligible for application through ASBA only - and have Demat account with ICICIDIrect). I mailed them, mailed their centralised services, had a chat with them( their centralized chat services), spoke to their call centre services and tried to contact the branch on their landline numbers ( I have 2-3 nos. which are not working/ constantly busy or sometimes ringing without anybody is there to attend. Till now I could not succeeded to get information, if I need to send physical copy to my home branch (its ASBA enabled branch), or a scan copy via email will suffice. Its interesting to note that the branch manager mailed me three weeks ago stating that whenever I visit India he will be happy to see me and share his and his deputy manger mail id such that any query of mine can be attended on priority !

ICICIDirect call centre response was better in this regard. But after a certain point they advised to contact the home branch only.

Tomorrow I will try to contact them again as today due to Maha Shivratri they are closed. Can anybody advise if I send duly filled CAF (form) with proper amount blocked in my account to my home branch (in Mumbai and the branch is ASBA enabled) with a courier will it be ok. Or alternatively I can send the filled CAF to a friend who will submit it to any ASBA enabled branch at Delhi.

Regards

Irshad

Query for Non ASBA Applications-

In CAF they have mentioned that outstation cheques won’t be accepted at collection branches.

So, I can’t submit my Gurgaon cheque at Delhi collection branch. Is this the case ??

So, with people struggling with ICICI ASBA & outstation cheque not accepted at Delhi office, I will need to send my CAF with cheque to Registrar at Hyd.

No such issue with outstation cheque with Registrar office. Am I correct in this understanding??

basic question -Where do i find NSDL/CDSL beneficiary id number? is it same as client id number for icicidirect customers?

My experiance with Icici bank was pleasant. Went to local icici branch and manager asked for the copy of Pan card. Took the cheque from me, and helped me fill all the missing details. Said he has to forward to another branch and gave me the copy of the form. In and out in about 10 minutes.

Did it reach the back office and get processed? I DONT KNOW!

Augustine:

I understand filling up the NSDL/ CDSL details are only for shareholders who hold stock in Physical form.

If your share are in demat form, no need to fill up that part.

Went to ICICI bank commissriat road bangalore. They did not accept because they said minimum amount has to be 2lacks

Went at Canara bank then. They accepted it and also helped out to fill some missing details.

Hi Ritul,

This is written above the mentioned column -

“I/We the undersigned, want delivery of equity shares of can fin homes under the rights issue, in the dematerialised form. Details of my/our beneficiary**(Demat) account** are as given below”

Are you sure that that is required to filled only for allotment in physical form? (I have already filled it.)

^Ok nevermind. It clearly says that I need to fill only if I hold the shares in physical form.

Thank you, rithul n vaibhav…:slight_smile:

jatin,at present mostly the cheques issued are at par cheques,you can check it at the bottom of the cheque leaf,the cheque has to be payable at hyderabad.So if u have a at par cheque it will be accepted,that is what i could interpret from the offer doc.

Jagan,

I had exactly same experience with ICICI today.The person at demat counter was clueless about what I am trying to do but finally accepted the forms and gave a stamped receipt.I voluntarily submitted PAN proof after reading you post.

They are going to forward the CAF to some branch but no idea if it will reach canfin :slight_smile:

Any Canara Bank branch will do for submitting the form or are there designated branches ?

Thanks

Anindya, Jagan

After a lot of persuasion, ICICI staff verified and asked me to submit the form, which he will send to central processing unit. He didn’t ask for pan copy and said even cheque is not required, as they will block the amount from the account number mentioned.

Upon checking the form I find that the cheque details are required. So need to get that clarified. What was your experience here?

He said acknowledgement will be provided by him. When I questioned on how this will be uploaded to R&T agent (read the disclaimer on the CAF, where they wash their hands off for any erroneous ASBA details) and whether I will get confirmation from the CPU on successful upload, he said he will talk to the CPU staff.

And I tried SBI, my other bank … and spoke to at least over a dozen people. Yet the same story continues there too.

Caught between SEBI regulations on compulsory ASBA for 2 lakhs and above and clueless local bank staff, run the risk of botch up with no onus on consequences.

Thanks

Bramha

Ravindra

List of collecting branches of Canara Bank is given overleaf of the CAF. Numerically more HDFC branches are accepting than Canara Bank.

Bramha,

I submitted CAF for NCC rights issue and did not enter cheque details for ASBA.For ASBA it should not be mandatory.If your invested amount gets blocked in ICICI direct account that’s a clue everything is proper,it happened during NCC rights issue.

I told the executive all my money will be lost if you don’t forward it by tomorrow :)) but he still looked clueless.

Don’t think we can do much other than waiting and may be follow up once in a couple of days, but will definitely scream !! if it’s not done properly , making sure next time onwards they know the process.