Camlin Fine Science Limited --- Looks interesting but some way to go

Thanks @sanjay210 for the update. I have few queries here:

1/ Is it normal practice by regulatory body to give approvals for limited time periods?

2/ If not, then what are the possible reasons behind giving a limited time approval? and do they need to renew the approval in 2021?

Thanks in advance
Mukul

1. No, the normal period of the CCA (the final consent required) is either 5 years or 6 years if the company is complying with ISO 14000 or Responsible care
    2)I don’t know why this limited time period has been allowed. My guess is that GPCB has given a conditional consent and given time to CFS to comply with certain conditions that have not yet been met. This could be an exception considering the COVID situation, as I have not heard of this before.
    Yes, CFS will have to renew the CCA in 2021. No exception here.
    3)If I can find any more information, I will certainly post it here
3 Likes

Hi @sanjay210, would be really helpful if you can please comment on the Q1 results and management commentary?

Disclosure: Invested

CFS has undoubtedly delivered excellent results in the last quarter. The question is whether or not the company is turning around.

Due to COVID many customers have stocked up on inventory. The management has given guidance in the conference call that such margins and profits may not be possible in the future.

I still do not understand the current strategy of the management. While the focus is on the commissioning of the Dahej plant, the management has given guidance that the vanillin plant will be shifted out of China and re-erected in India. What happens to all the Catechol that will be made in Dahej in those few months? Further, the management has confirmed that Italian origin catechol will also be sold in India.

It is unlikely that the Lockheed Martin project could consume all of the catechol produced in Dahej, since it is still in a pilot stage.

I would suggest that you track the day sales inventory and the accounts receivable to understand whether or not the company is actually turning around. The figures of March 2020 do not indicate any change from the past few quarters. YoY basis the number of days sales of inventory increased slightly from 167 to 176.

2 Likes

Looks like logistics has started : https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/cbf90bff-4d9a-446e-b474-d722b4b944c0.pdf

Disc - Exited will look into this after December (awaiting for entire logistics to be completed)

Initiating Coverage report by Nirmal Bang

1 Like

report by axis
Camlin Fine Sciences Ltd - Q2FY23 - Result Update - 16112022_16-11-2022_14.pdf (943.6 KB)
Q 2 FY 2023

Was anyone able to attend the AGM today? Please share any management commentary especially around Vanillin sales

I would be more interested in finding out why they have stopped doing quarterly concalls. If it has anything to do with the open offer.

I didn’t get any reply to the mail sent to investor relations.

Does anyone have any insight on the company’s operations?, The stock has been lagging for way too long cuz of the delays of vanillin plant. And now the vanillin prices have also fallen, which means they wont be making high margins that was previously anticipated.