Building new portfolio - need advise

I started investing in 1997 using my father’s retirement funds in IPOs. I bought HDFC, TTK , Jindal steel and some other stocks. Later I moved to US and didn’t follow Indian market much. I lost few of the stock certificates. Recently I sold a property and invested partly in mutual fund. This forum inspired me. Now I want to build a long term portfolio. Please review my picks and guide me

Titan - trusted luxury brand.
as middle class income grows, there is huge opportunity for next decade|

Godrej consumer products -

• Good FMCG play
  • I am considering dabur or Nestle as well|
  • There are lot of known names. finding it difficult to pick one

Asian paints -
— Market leadership.
– well-known brand

Pidlite - Monopoly business in Adhesives and sealants. Proven management. It has lot more products apart from M Seal and Fevikol or Fevi Kwik.

Bajaj finance - Good consumer financial play|

Avenue Mart - Good supply chain play

HDFC Bank - invested in IPO.now I have 70 shares.
Good compounding machine

Ultratech cement - wealth creator|

3 Likes

HDFC BANK and DMART is common with my portfolio.
You can add some insurance (preferably LIFE) as well.

In FMCG, i prefer HUL, followed by nestle, godrej consumer.

Some sector diversification would do you good. You can look into IT stocks.

Also Dmart at current valuation, can be avoided. Add them post decent correction.

Those are all large cap companies. Unless you are unlucky if there isn’t any corporate governance issues then you should get decent returns. what kind of returns are you expecting from these stocks?

Just side note : I recently started following HDFC bank, They have 26% promoter holding (Which may be fine for the company of size of HDFC bank ) and on top of it i see sell off from promoters almost every day