B's Notes : company analysis, portfolio roundup

This is a update to my earlier series on Life insurance companies comparison

First a little Context in what we are trying to do here:

• As you must be aware that insurance is a business of taking on risk for a fee. The underlying financials of most of the insurance companies are almost like greek and latin, even for the well versed in accounting.

• The Industry and accountants simplify the whole financials in to simple monitorable like VNB(Value of New Business), Mortality Rate, Types of Policies (Participating and Non-Par) etc. These figures take some facts and some estimates to get to the right answer. The problem is that these estimates differ in each company and have a lot of financial implication on how the company will fare in the future.

• The problem I am trying to solve is three-fold:

1. Make the financials comparable across the companies in the life insurance sector.

2. Take the financial parameters which are as real and not as much subject to estimates as possible. If not at least the parameter must be well regulated (i.e. if the company falsifies the parameter then the promoters should be put in jail).

3. Make it as easily understandable.

Please go through the previous post mentioned below to avoid repetition and to understand what additional updates we are adding.
https://forum.valuepickr.com/t/life-insurance-companies-comparison/11913/259