Bosch Ltd - Invested (to remain) for life?

This is what I was referring when I said seemed a cagey response

" Ravi Purohit: Sir, I was not clear about when we mentioned this Rs. 2,000 crores CAPEX, are we talking from Bosch Limited, the listed company doing this Rs. 2,000 crores CAPEX because, you know, in the call there is always confusion when we are never clear on the management’s answers whether the management is answering on behalf of Bosch Limited or it is representing Bosch Group as a whole.
So, it will help us as investors because we are investors of Bosch Limited, we are not really investors in the other Bosch group companies, right? So, it will just kind of become very, very clear for us to understand whether all of these investments are going through a listed company, or some of them are going through the other associate companies?
Soumitra Bhattacharya: Thank you, Ravi for the question. So, I have to tell you from your question what you stated is partly correct and partly perhaps needs a little bit of a revision. So, you are absolutely right that as members in the con call you are absolutely focused towards the flagship company called Bosch Limited. Bosch Limited February 9, 2022 Page 10 of 17 However, please remember when we talk about Bosch Group in India, many of the other companies outside the listed companies what we call as sister companies. Yes, whether it is Robert Bosch, Boss Chassis or Robert Bosch Automotive Electronics, they feed their services and products many times through this company. For example, all the ECUs from Bosch Electronics come in through Bosch Limited Yes, when we provide the Powertrain solutions as a system. So, you must understand when we invest in those companies also, Bosch Limited has both a direct as well as indirect benefit. Having said that, ballpark of the number that we talked on total investments over a period of 10 years you can say around 50% goes to the CAPEX of Bosch Limited, ballpark and sometimes even more. And so the Rs. 9,000 crores that we talked every year we are investing in Bosch India Rs. 900 crores approximately to Rs. 1,000 cores and then about 50%, sometimes 60% goes through Bosch Limited. Secondly, we have now announced not a comprehensive CAPEX policy. We have given two buckets of CAPEX. So, this may exclude some other CAPEX that we will bring in. We just focus saying in our Bosch’s 100 years we want to tell you that we are investing in advanced technologies and that amounts to Rs. 1,000 crores, greatly driven by Bosch Limited but also by Bosch Automotive Electronics and Bosch Chassis. Because we made it very clear it is Bosch Group in India and another Rs. 1,000 crores, which is driven for the digital mobility platform and we also made an announcement on the mobility cloud platform in the marketplace launch on 3rd of this month by Bosch global member. And this mobility cloud platform I told you is located inside Bosch Limited. So, I hope I am clear enough? "

7 Likes