Bhupesh portfolio for my daughter

Raj Pandaji:

I have been trying to create internal links not yet successfull… does valuepickr work better with some browsers?.. just added u’re link lets see if it works…

=happy investing

whatsup-indianstockideas

Hi Whatsup,

Just copy-pasting the link from browser address of your thread should work , like this one for this thread http://www.valuepickr.com/forum/portfolio-q-a/315109708

By the way, no ji after name please, that’s a vp directive too :slight_smile: We are all on first name basis here.

hi navtej,

the confusion in promoter holding should be cleared from horse’s mouth it’s a good idea to write to nse and sebi if you feel that lack of clarity on these issues can endanger the hard earned money of investors.

let’s not speculate about delisting or arbitrage there may be a restructuring already done or in the process and this company is here to stay on bourses unless there is a complete ban on mining copy book style.

suffice to say every one is proactive about the amount of money they punt though it may appear to be casual approach prima facie but my friend if you dig deeper THERE IS A METHOD IN THE MADNESS HERE … :wink:

here is the share holding pattern as of 30th june 2014 from bse website ..... copy pasting for your convenience and ease of viewing @ one place.

Shareholding Pattern
Archives Link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/Sharehold_Search.aspx?code=527001
Mar-2014 Dec-2013 Sep-2013 Jun-2013 Mar-2013
Promoter and Promoter Group 48.92% 46.46% 46.46% 46.46% 47.06%
Indian 48.92% 46.46% 46.46% 46.46% 47.06%
Foreign -- -- -- -- --
Public 51.08% 53.54% 53.54% 53.54% 52.94%
Institutions 18.27% 21.28% 0.23% 0.21% 0.31%
FII 18.09% 21.11% 0.04% 0.02% 0.12%
DII 0.18% 0.17% 0.19% 0.19% 0.19%
Non Institutions 32.81% 32.26% 53.31% 53.33% 52.63%
Bodies Corporate 6.15% 5.67% 5.51% 5.32% 5.44%
Custodians -- -- -- -- --
Total 8,69,86,098 8,29,86,098 8,29,86,098 8,29,86,098 8,29,86,098
Details Link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/ShareholdingPattern.aspx?scripcd=527001&flag_qtr=1&qtrid=81.00&Flag=New Details Link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/ShareholdingPattern.aspx?scripcd=527001&flag_qtr=1&qtrid=80.00&Flag=New Details Link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/ShareholdingPattern.aspx?scripcd=527001&flag_qtr=1&qtrid=79.00&Flag=New Details Link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/ShareholdingPattern.aspx?scripcd=527001&flag_qtr=1&qtrid=78.00&Flag=New Details Link: http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/ShareholdingPattern.aspx?scripcd=527001&flag_qtr=1&qtrid=77.00&Flag=New

navtej

if u check bse i could see 4 annual reports from 2010 to 2013… we are par for the course i think 2014 will be awaited i hope this clears some misunderstanding about non compliance as the sites where you looked into might not be updated… happy investing!

prahlad

thanks for pointing out jayant agro will look into it for sure … appreciated

navtej

if u check bse i could see 4 annual reports from 2010 to 2013… we are par for the course i think 2014 will be awaited i hope this clears some misunderstanding about non compliance as the sites where you looked into might not be updated… happy investing!

prahlad

thanks for pointing out jayant agro will look into it for sure … appreciated

hi Bhupesh,

Yes you are right even i saw it in the bse/nse site but it the duty of compliance officer “Shri Sachin Polke”, Company Secretary appointed by resolution to keep updated records on site. We can write to him and cc a copy to NSE …

Anyways what is your position on Shipping Claim on the company (also fighting in court) of 500Cr+(Provisions for it are in Current Liability) that is more than half of its annual Sales. Its best year were when mineral and metal prices were all time high (2008) which means it is inclined towards very high metal prices … Lastly the promoters had to issue warrants to save the company which were converted in June 2014 (issued for 18 months in dec 2012) … Therefore question is how did u determine the price of a share(fair value).

A 10 year portfolio with such bad names ( I wanted to use even more bad word but resisted).

I would suggest the following stocks :

1). Repco Home Finance (25%+ growth available for next 5 years atleast)

2). Hawkins Its not going out of demand anytime soon

3). HDFC Bank Dividend Yield will protect you

4). IndusInd Bank- Lot of growth ahead

5). Gruh Finance 12%

6). TCS

7). Sun Pharma - only Pharma Stock which you can buy hold and forget for 10 years

Do Sip in Larsen Toubro and Cummins (please follow a disciplined SIP will do wonders)

You dont make a 10 year portfolio with MCX, Just Dial and LMW cant even predict 5 years for them)

3 Likes

ashwini

if i were after names there are plenty of good names to flaunt if you look around.

your bias is too much towards finance and housing finance and it constitute’s a portfolio risk. i have tcs and sun pharma in my portfolio not here.

some times educated fools succeed where genius’es fail … I AM HAPPY TO BE IN THE COMPANY OF EDUCATED FOOLS LIKE KOTAK AND RJ :wink: AS FAR AS YOUR SHOOTING DOWN OF MCX IS CONCERNED :frowning: …LMW IS A INDUSTRY LEADER AND WEALTH CREATOR OVER LAST TEN YEARS KINDLY GO THROUGH www.mymoneyworks4me.com the last on your such bad names list JUST DIAL … SHOULD NOT BE HANGED WITHOUT A TRIAL LET’S WAIT 2 QUARTERS FOR NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND WHAT HAVE THEY ?

you remind me of my father when he insisted that i don’t throw good money after bad in applying for infosys i.p.o. the names he cited were tata’s and birla’s have factories this software thing can’t survive because it’s not a brics and mortar model. in my case i don’t do s.i.p’s i am loaded for god sake…hahahaha (have majority of my money in blue chip indian master painters paintings)

i think bad words as well as skepticism should never deter a investor from climbing the wall of worry and in my case,“ADVICE IS LIKE A STRANGER IF WELCOME IT STAYS THE NIGHT OTHER WISE GOES BACK THE SAME DAY!”

NAVTEJ

i am clue less about the shipping claim but don’t write off the best years so soon.it was a B.I.F.R. CASE IN 2008 so if promoters are putting money to save it that should put to rest any speculation about it’s future being insiders they know much more than all of us put together.

you wait one or two quarters THE CAT SHOULD BE OUT OF THE BAG TILL THEN … angels wait where fools rush in :wink: … FAIR VALUE IS A RELATIVE TERM for me ashapura @ 70 levels is fair while for detractors or nay sayers they would consign it to dust bin i find eicher motors and page industries expensive @ current prices but there are others who think it’s fair value the crux of the matter is BIG MONEY DECIDES WHAT IS FAIR YOUR OR MINE 2…3 CRORES WON’T CHANGES A THING!

@Bhupesh divergent views in investing should be welcomed. It forces one to think more about their conviction(bias most of the time).

What Ashwini has pointed out is about 10 year predictability of the businesses as you have planned to hold them for next 10 years.

raj

all views are welcome divergent or otherwise my daughter told me yesterday why are you scratching your brain so much buy ADANI PORTS AND ADANI ENTERPRISES lot of p/e expansion would happen over 5 years + SHE SAW ON ET NOW A PROGRAMME FEW DAYS BACK WHERE THEY WERE SHOWING HOW ANYTHING WITH BHARAT IN IT’S NAME IS GOING UP IN MARKET RALLY …

so my picks should be first amongest equals as they might have forced some to think about my biases.

i want to paste here some data pertaining to tide water oil … lakshmi machines and ashapura from moneyworks4me website it’s called 10 year x-ray which is color coded and a great tool but can’t being less tech savvy gave up after 3 attempts and writing.

as a investor you should have a open mind but ultimately to invest in any scrip is the individual’s decision listen to every body but do what you like learning is a life long process where is the hurry to miss the bus in markets opportunities are thrown at you at all times.

incidentally i had said plan to hold the performers for 10 years and let go the non performers … what’s in a name anyway!

Thus far, the picks are looking fairly solid. I think many of these have a strong potential. Good luck!

it’s still early days i guess in raging bull markets high tide would lift all stocks.

let’s see how they perform going forward once some breaks are applied or some disappointments start coming from where ever or what ever factors.

thanks for kind words though i hope not to make a switch before 2 quarters and would like to add proctor and gamble if i get dejected and feel a stock is not performing looking @ the opportunity cost.

Bhupesh,Considering that you are somewhat flexible with your portfolio, I would suggest you to take a look at Suven life sciences. A new blogger named pupiloflynch makes a decent case for this company.

thanks nikhil,

been watching suven for almost one and a half months now.

it does merit investment had placed a hefty bet yesterday on it just ended up getting 15% of intended quantity for my wife’s portfolio even after chasing it upto 5% more than my ordered price.

a stich in time saves nine … gave up the chase after 7% upmove hoping for the price to cool down man proposes god disposes :wink: it ended up @ 19.88% :frowning:

i believe some fund buying is happening in the counter and it can show traction in coming days.

cheers!

Well, as long as you made some money, I’m happy for you. Although I still believe that suven will get much higher valuation in years to come. It still remains undervalued with 40%+ OPM, in my eyes.

Hi Bhupesh, as your period of holding is long, those stocks that compound well should be preferred in my view.

One company that may fit the bill is Thomas Cook(this is expected to become a Berkshire Hathaway type of stock as an investment vehicle of Fairfax holdings, the Canadian promoters). For more details please check the respective thread on Valuepickr which has interesting view points.It has the potential to compound at minimum 15% for the next 10 years.

The other company that potentially can compound very well is Astral but the only issue is the price has already run up a lot. But you may consider it at declines.If you discount it for the next 10 years, it may not seem so expensive.

HI

Suggest me any good stocks to buy

HI madhuri,

this is a first :wink:

if you look around this forum you would find a gold mine of knowledge and wealth associated with it.

you ask for my pennies you may look @ proctor & gamble…suven life sciences and thomas cook and from the portfolio stocks in this thread tide water oil and mcx.

wishing you luck just in case you are buying any of the suggested stocks would be prudent to buy in tranches of 20% each of your intended quantity.

two stocks go out of the portfolio viz… unichem labs and justdial.

sold unichem @ 218 and just dial @ 1340 today.

also reducing lakshmi machines weightage to 10% .

have added PIPAVAV DEFENCE @ 73 capital allocated 15%

BF UTILITIES CAPITAL ALLOCATED @ 610 CAPITAL DEPLOYED 15%

keeping rest in cash for a few days .

not happy with ashapura but still persisting with it for another 2 quarters.

other portfolio stocks look to be doing well.