Beta Drugs Limited

Great to see a doctor initiating the thread for this SME company, really adds to the conviction for shareholders like me without any medical background or credentials.

I have tried doing some basic research on the company to verify some of its products and offices just to be certain it is not some ponzi business.

I use 1mg for all my general medicine requirements and also a lot for lab tests. And I thought of randomly searching for Beta Drugs products on the app. To my most pleasant surprise, there must be at least 50+ listings for Adley Formulations (100% owned subsidiary manufacturing oncology products) on the app.

Sharing few sample products listed on 1mg. Also realized just how expensive cancer treatment can be, and I can’t imagine what it must have been 10-20years back as Beta Drugs claims to be amongst the most affordable producers in oncology segment.

You must be right as Adcumin has a very good rating on the app as well.

I also tried visiting the company’s corporate office in Panchkula Sector-5 last Sunday. I only had time on a Sunday and as expected the office was closed. However, the office was in a very nice market place with Starbucks and Nik Baker’s (very popular bakery chain in North) right below, with a huge unmissable “Beta Drugs” hoarding as you enter the market.

One thing you may have forgotten to highlight is ace investor Ashish Kacholia’s holding of 12% now in the company. I believe he’s been invested around the IPO time and constantly been upping his stake these last 3 years including the last couple of quarters as well even with the rapid run up in price.

Coincidentally google alerts woke me up with this news today morning

All in all seems a fantastic growth story with gargantuan opportunity size if management can execute well.

Disc: Invested from 60 levels last year, sold at 120 and got back in at 270 levels after realizing my folly. Also mentioned here

10 Likes