DHFL 10%
JVL Agro 10%
Suven 10%
Cairn India 5%
Deepak Fert 8%
Deep 8%
Borosil 4%
Rain Industries 20%
These picks are only for the sake of this contest.And should NOT be construed as recommendations on the behalf of the individual.Kindly treat this as a contest/competition & do your own due diligence before investing in any of these stocks.The individual shall not be responsible for any losses incurred,if the viewer/investor puts his money in these names

My picks

Exide 20%

Hexaware 10%

R Systems 10%

Kajaria 10%

Torrent Pharma 20%

Coal India 10%

Redington 20%

Guys,

Please donā€™t crowd the thread with new sets of ā€˜stock picksā€™.If you just go through the ā€˜instructionsā€™ laid down by Gaurav,then you will find that 9th Jan,2015 was the last date for accepting entries to the contest.The date has already passed & Gaurav shall soon update us with the new Excel sheet. :slight_smile: So,kindly refrain from more of such posts,

Regards.

Hi All

Please find the spreadsheet with all the entries till 9th Jan.

Few points I want mention:

1). Some of the stocks posted were confusing at certain times e.g Mold Tek. So I have used the name that looked more common or known.

2). I have accepted all the entries before 9th Jan. Some of them had more then 10 stocks or less the 5% allocation but I have decided to take it in till its before cut off date

3). There are lot of entries, I have added for everyone & tried not to commit a mistake, but please point me to error(s) if any.

4). Please keep me informed about corporate actions that impact the input price ( except dividends which we should ignore), I have no idea about certain stocks in the list, will be grateful if people help.

Thanks, Happy Investing,Hope lot of us get good positive return this year as well.

Gaurav

Thanks Gaurav!! That was lot of work, appreciate it.

Really good work Gaurav!! Appreciate it.

Thanks Gaurav!! That was a herculean task you undertook.

Good work, Gaurav really laudable!

The stock I referred to was CARE, not CRISIL. Can you please make that correction?

Thanks again

Arun

Just a correction: From my picks:

Tasty Bite 20%

I think you need to change TV today to Tasty Bite in my case.

A correction in Jan 1 prices: Zen Technologies was trading at 41.25 on 31st closing.

Arun/ Anant: I have done the corrections specified by you.

I have also adjusted the prices for the rights issue of Can fin homes and bonus issues of RS software.

@Gaurav,

Very good work.

Please update my investment (Dhiraj )in Whirlpool as Whirlpool of India (NSE:WHIRLPOOL, BSE Code500238) December 31 2014 Closing price was Rs 652.

Thanks, Gaurav!

I would bet on Niraj Kumarā€™s portfolio to win.

I did some analysis on VPs combined convictions. Below are the stock that have maximum crowd conviction behind them.

Symbol Stock Price -> 9/1/2015 Latest Return YTD Crowd Investment
shilpamed Shilpa Medicare Ltd 741.15 935 26.16% 298.00%
530117 Adi Finechem Ltd 337 362 7.42% 108.61%
mayuruniq Mayur Uniquoters Limited 442.65 475 7.31% 114.11%
ajantpharm Ajanta Pharma Ltd 2315 2535.4 9.52% 276.00%
512573 Avanti Feeds Ltd 1581 1644.2 4.00% 169.00%
repcohome Repco Home Finance Ltd 699 668.05 -4.43% 231.00%
kitex Kitex Garments Limited 548.95 519.7 -5.33% 102.00%
kscl Kaveri Seed Company Limited 802 738 -7.98% 157.00%
canfinhome Can Fin Homes Ltd 615.3 630 2.39% 165.00%

Thanks Punnet, good idea.

I also did the same, but could not share.

I would be nice to have some brief discussion on these 9 top collective picks, especially by seniors like Donald and Hitesh ( adhering to Sebi guidelines)

In these9, I also have 5 in my PF, to me Adi FineChem, Kaveri, Avanti, Mayur is a surprise that so many ppl are still bulllish on ( I may be wrong)

What about somesimple 1/2 line commnets/rational/investment case etc.from Donald /Hitesh/Ayush on our public demand? ( obviously within Sebi guidelines)

Hi Gaurav,

Just checked the sheet yesterday.My compliments on the superb work you have done!

There is one correction you will need to make: When I posted my ā€˜top picksā€™ I had mentioned this:

ā€œā€¦
4) TVS Motors/Gabriel India: 10% [5% each]
5) MM Forgings: 10%
6) Sonata Software: 20%
ā€¦ā€

However,in the sheet,10% each has been allocated to TVS & Gabriel,rather than the 5% each(which would have added upto 10%,leaving 20% more to be allocated),I had mentioned.Sonata seems absent.

Kindly rectify the error.Apologies for the ambiguity.

How about comparing the performances with a random portfolio ?

I see many names familiar. These are the same names which have given us multi-bagger returns in the last 2 years. But the question is which stocks now we need to focus on that will give us multi-bagger returns in the next 2-3 years? Can we still rely on the same stocks (although they can still prove to be steady compoundersā€¦ Momentum will ensure that.) to give us our next big wins?

Dear Girish ,

I agree . Howard Mark quote "When you hear of sure thing of investing run another way "

The only moat for value investors in Margin of safety . Most of the favourite picks have reported historically high earnings and multiples too are high . The risk of failure is too high

As value investors we need to look sectors that are out of favour .

tree house education 20%

somany ceramics 10%

mahindra holiday 10%

mayur uniquoters 10%

sanghvi movers 10%

ratnamani metals 10%

voltamp transformers 10%

atul auto 10%

kovai medical 10%