20% each

JB Chem

VST Tiller

Canfin

Accelya

Balkrishna

Dear Mr.Bala,

Pls make i have some suggestions if possible accommodate in rule:

1. allow entry to late entrant too they will join from the day they put the portfolio on value pickr.
  2. Minimum holding period 3 months and can be sold or changed.
  3. Best performer portfolio should be annouced quarterly

I also want to participate in the contest.

Jerry

Didn’t realize i was past the cutoff. I’m fine with my entries not being there as i appreciate the effort and the rules. Will just insert CMP below for tracking purposes (for myself).

• Alembic Pharmaceuticals - 8% - CMP - 213
  • Cera Sanitaryware - 10% - CMP - 686.4
  • Vinati Organics - 6% -Due to the recent run up - CMP - 210
  • Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services - 12% - CMP - 304.15
  • Repco Home Finance - 10% - CMP - 329.05
  • Astral Poly Technik - 10% - CMP - 330.6
  • Tata Elxsi - 6% -Due to the recent run up -CMP -397.15
  • PI Industries - 8% -CMP -262.55
  • Tata Global Beverage - 15% - CMP -156.5
  • WABCO India - 15% -CMP -1970.45

I think all ‘late entrants’ should take a mature/adult view of the situation.If someone missed…What’s the big deal? The winner is not going to get some lottery prize or anything.Its just a fun exercise kind of thing.For all those who want to ‘keep track’,can always do a book keeping exercise,rather than casting aspersions on the format or methodology of the contest.

to be fair to all those who followed rules, lets not bend the rules now to accept late entries. anyway as sagar mentioned you can do book keeping exercise. since this is the first year we are doing this, lets keep it simple without mid term adjustments. may be we can consider these points for next edition.

Company Weight Rec Price Current price % Gain
Cadila Health 30 803 1025 28%
Astral 20 320 466 45%
VST Tiller 20 658 936 42%
Atul Auto 20 302 365 21%
Jyoti Structure 10 28 32 16%

Value Weighted return for Quarter ending March 31 2014 31% (not annualised)

Request other members also provide review of March Quarter.

Hi Gaurav …

Impressive work done by you on google spreadsheet which need a lot of time and as well patience also :slight_smile: hats off to you

me personal suggestion is that there shd be cost price and entry time/date of evry share of every individuals when they enters in every stock , what you say

it helps others to follow them if the spot price is near by their cost price

The idea is clearly to pick the best possible bounce candidate. I will go with one stock only then:

100% in Bharat Bijlee.

Thanks.

Why? Put your bull & bear case scenario for the investment.

Hi Anant,

Any idea where can I find latest AR of Premco? It’s not there in their site as well as on BSE.

30%.Kaveri: 30%.Centum Electronics: 10%.Pidilite: 10%.Symphony: 10%.Premco Global: 10%.

I know mid term entries are not allowed, i would like to take today date to year end for my portfolio. I wil then make change if necessary for next year

If stil not acceptable please ignore this post i will keep track of it myself :slight_smile:

My portfolio

1). Ajanta Pharma 40%

2). Avanti feeds 20%

3.PI Industries 20%

4). Poly medicare 10%

5). Shilpa Medicare 10%

Hi,

It is result time. Find enclosed my suggested portfolio performance. I would appreciate other members also to share their working.

Also, shall we plan for 2015?

Company Allocation
Purchase price 30-12-2014
Closing price
Change
Cadila Health 30% 803 1566 95%
Astral Poly 20% 320 786 (split adjusted) 145%
VST Tiller 20% 658 1389 111%
Atul Auto 20% 302 1269 (Split adjusted) 320%
Jyoti Structure 10% 28 40 44%
Weighted average return 148%

@Gaurav,

Can you please adjust the enclosed sheet with Bonus/Split? As per the enclosed file, my return are understated due to Split in Atul Auto and Astral. Your portfolio appears as the highest return provided (subject to split/bonus adjustment). Congratulation

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgT1Ww55T2fjdExoTzJXUEtjZjEtWEpra2ZpRXdGaEE&usp=sharing

Mayur, PI Ind, Astra Poly, Alembic, CCL Products … 20% each.

From the enclosed sheet following are the top 5 performers till date from almost all participants who have performed superbly

1. Gaurav-221% -Avanti,Granules,Kaveri,Dhanuka,JB Chemical

2. Anant jain- 184%- Symphony,Centum,Premco Global,Kaveri,Brittania,Pidilite

3. Shanid- 181%- Kitex,Kaveri,Liberty,Shilpa,Bajaj Corp

4. Vivek Gautam- 171%-Acrysil,Allicon castalloy,Aurobindo,Shilpa,Intec

5. Gigme-156%- Avanti,Kaveri,Dhanuka,JB Chem,Polymed,Repco

Gaurav, can you edit the sheet for splits/bonuses ? Its locked right now

thanks

Hi All

Apologies for not adjusting for bonuses. I will do so tonight and post the same.

I will start a new thread for 2015.

-Gaurav

Have done the required readjustments. Let me know if something is missed.

Please also visit the summary page, I have done a bit of analysis of our performance in the year.

And please… can someone also declare the Prizes for winners :slight_smile:

Thanks for the excellent work sheet, Gaurav.

I was wondering about the %age allocation for VP portfolio stocks. The only method I could think of was to have a fixed sum allocated to a stock on the day the recommendation was made> Thereafter the price movements determine the final year end weight.

Thanks

Arun