Balaji Amines Opportunity

Both the management agreed on headwinds and likely restoration in two quarters. About overcapacity of Ethyl amine, it constitute 10% of overall capacity of Balaji amines. I have invested (will exit if stop loss triggers) due to Volume action + new capacity additions 1) n-Butylamine : The plant is expected to be commissioned during the fourth quarter of financial 2023 and '24. 2) Methylamine : The project is likely to be commissioned around the second quarter of FY 2024 and '25. 3) Dimethyl ether : The project for manufacturing Dimethyl ether is initiated to be set up in Unit IV and the detailing and engineering is completed and the company has started civil works. The plant is expected to be commissioned during the first half of the FY '24 and '25 (end of FY 2025). The company is proposing to take up the following projects at Unit IV.
o N-Methyl Morpholine (NMM) - 3000 TPA
o N-(n-butyl) Thiophosphoric triamide (NBPT) - 2500 TPA
o Pharmapure Povidone (PVP K-30) - 4000 TPAAll these products are first time in the country,

Mr Kirit Patel on concall -In terms of the structure of the competition, well, as you know, we have two players in domestic market, and the rest are from the Chinese or the Europeans active in the market. Over the last year or so, over the last 6 months, we have not seen much activity for imports because our competitor has increased this capacity and has been able to push out the imports to some extent. However, we have managed to retain our market share in this product albeit with some sacrifice in margins. Going forward, given that now the capacities are more or less balancing out between the two domestic players, and we have extra capacity coming on because of the new plant which we have just commissioned in October, where we have added capacity, will give us some headroom in terms of growth in the future.

Mr Ram Reddy - Earlier, I thought that our country’s consumption was 90,000 tonnes. So my 30,000 tonnes can be adjusted anywhere. That was our intention, that’s the reason we are very comfortable, and we did not look seriously on the export market. Because in the total 90,000 tonnes, we can fit somewhere. But these people started dumping like anything. Like Saudi, I’ll give you an example. In Saudi there’s a consumption, one customer is
there, they are selling at INR 170 – INR 160. And in India, they’re selling at INR 70, INR 80.
That has given us the reason for going for the reach registration and to scout outside the country. And last month, we have given in very Saudi Arabia, about 60, 70 tons, I have, exported to those Saudi Arabia, much better price.

4 Likes

Exactly my point. If we combine the capacity of alkyl and balaji and then if we consider this dumping by chinese then there is hardly and scope for a long term story. And Kirit Patel has said that these kind of situation do come for 2-3 years for every decade. Its very difficlut to find a multibagger or a consistent compounder in such kind of sector with such nature of business…Or am I reading this all wrong? I would like to be in such companies where I can stay invested for a very long time without worrying about market size and growth of my investee companies…It may be inappropriate but with this background requirements, how would you judge Deepak Nitrite or SRF and P.I. Industries?

4 Likes

My limitations in profound understanding of the intricacies within the chemical industry, its complex processes, and the nuances of innovation hinders my ability to provide you with insights of substantial value…

1 Like

SRF is a different breed according to me. It is the king of chemicals!

4 Likes

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/stocks/balaji-amines-gains-3-after-subsidiary-gets-mega-project-status-11998271.html/amp

1 Like

looks like the results are out with better PBT. Key notable is COGS has drastically reduced YoY resulting in much better Profit though revenue is down. Is this the case with Alkyl as well?

From a stage analysis point of view, Balaji Amines seems to be moving to stage 2 after months of stage 1 consolidation.

Hope balaji show good growth going forward

3 Likes

Unable to find Q1,Q2,Q3 - 2023 conference calls. Was that happened or the company skipped to conduct the conference calls during this quarters

2 Likes