Atul Ltd. - Integrated Diversified Chemical gaint (Not - Atul Auto)

They are world leaders in Dapsone a anti bacterial drug.

Does anyone know about their dependence on china for RM import?

www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/amp/govt-extends-antidumping-duty-for-3-months-on-caustic-soda-from-china-korea/1917684

Nouryon and Atul receive environmental clearance to expand MCA production in India
Anaven, a joint venture of Nouryon and Atul, has received the
environmental clearance for its 32,000 metric tons monochloroacetic acid (MCA) plant in Gujarat, India.
Construction is due to be completed this year to supply MCA to the Indian market by the end of the year.

5 Likes

Has anyone heard of some corporate restructuring in Atul that will result in tax savings please? Atul strangely is relatively cheapest among frontline specialty chemical companies despite having best in class ROCE and track record.

1 Like
5 Likes

Diworsification

Is anyone tracking this stock ā€¦ seems FII interest has rekindled in the stock.

1 Like

Surprised to see one post here after Nov '21. Isnā€™t this one of Indiaā€™s leading chemical companies, with a history going back almost a 100 years and track record of decent CAGR going back at least 3 decadesā€¦

I donā€™t know enough about the chemicals business myself, but I would argue this stock is in a cyclical low and might be a good 5-7 year play. Iā€™m conscious though that the market knows things I donā€™t.

Anyone care to explain where this company has a competitive advantage and whether itā€™s still intact?

2 Likes