I was in equity market between 2005 to 2010. I was investing in small quantities. Then there was a break of 6 years, during which I mainly invested only through Mutual Fund SIP. In last couple of years, I have started diving more into equity. I am a Data Analyst by profession & so have naturally taken to the technical analysis as well in my investing decision. No one can time the market but investing with a touch of technical analysis has helped me overcome the pitfall year like 2018.
Below is my portfolio :
Any comments/feedbacks/suggestions welcomed.
Mutual Funds : 15% (Lumpsums : Opportunity fund & small cap)
- RITES - Zero debt,Niche PSU with huge margin consulting. Metro, Railways, station construction, leasing, exports of wagons etc…
- BEML - Entered at 730 - Railways & defense sector - huge beneficiary with metros. When the new govt comes in, can expect order book to increase. Now also foraying into defense
- IDFC First Bank - Believe in Vaidyanthan to create a giant banking business out of this - 5 year pick
- Surya Roshni - Consumer discretionary. Growing order book with govt projects. 18 month view. Value play.
- Merck - MNC pharma. Delighted me this quarter with a 440Rs one time dividend. Long term hold
- Star Cement - NE based. Has pricing power in its market.
- Jtekt India - Auto ancillary. Betting on the Japanese MNC parent who have now bought out current holders. 3 years story at least.
- M&M - Large Cup compounder
- L&T - Large cap compounder
- Sun Pharma - I know about its corporate governance issues but can’t resist it at 420Rs
- Insecticides India - Growth story. 18 months view for now.
- Gallantt Ispat - Steel. UP based Steel player. Impressive growth with profitability in last 3 years. Huge capex plans, Good capital allocation. Some concerns around possible stock price manipulation. SEBI had it in their shell company list but have cleared them since. The sheer numbers, growth of this company is still keeping me invested in this.
- Innovators Facade - SME Microcap. Tracked since its SME IPO. Has completed good projects. Vijay Kedia anchor investor (upped his stake for last 3 continuous quarter. Kela also joined in recently). Professional management changes recently. IPO bucks used now to bring modern machinery. Great Moat in Facade industry. 3 year bet at least when I hope it qualifies for main board.