Anyone Used Groww for US Stock Investing?

Hey,
Needed information regarding the typical charges one would have to pay in case I put 5lakhs for this purpose.

Thanks.

Hi Rushil,
I have an account with Groww but I didnt invest in US stock. However, in the FAQ answers to your questions were listed and attached is for your reference.

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks Rumble. Still was looking for a ball park figure of forex charges and money transfer charges on a figure of 5Lakh rupees to see if it makes sense for me to invest using groww.

I have icici bank.

Other forum members please guide if you know thanks :slight_smile:

Generally the charges you are referring to depend on the bank and charges include commission amount, foreign currency conversion tax and applicable taxes.

The best routes to send money abroad. But this is an old article. ICICI is actually charging around 750 to 1000 plus fees and taxes

Your post is old and may be you have figured out the charges. Let me know if you find a cheaper way.

Hi, does anyone have any idea about the tax implication on profit earned on US stocks (used Groww app). I want to liquidate my US stock portfolio.

Tax on Foreign Investments

There are taxes applicable on investment gains and dividends.

For investment gains, the amount of taxes varies on the duration of holding the investments. The threshold for long-term capital gain is 2 years with a rate of 20% with indexation benefit. If your holding period is less than 2 years, it is considered a short-term capital gain and is taxed based on your income tax slab.

For dividends, a rate of 25% will be taxed in the US. You need not pay this tax in India thanks to the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and the US.

1 Like