Ankit Chandra portfolio for 2024

I am new to the world of investing. Finished reading books by Peter Lynch and pat Dorsey. My present portfolio is as follows:

1. Tata elxsi. 1014.

2. Sterlite Technologies. 283

3. Marico. 351

4. Ashok Leyland 97.80

5. Britannia 2703

6. Tata elxsi. I believe the management is very solid and trustworthy. Company is working in areas like AI, automation, embedded systems for vehicles. It has been consistently profitable and growing except one last mute quarter. It has solid R&D team.

7. Sterlite Technologies. Company has shown phenomenal growth in recent 5 years. Even after slowdown, management is guiding 25% growth. It enjoys kind of monopoly in Indian market. Revenue from services and AMC is likely to continue for years. They will get most of the benefits once 5g implementation starts. There was an issue of pledged shared which I had ignored by mistake. However, the pledged shared have been revoked now.

8. Ashok Leyland. It is second largest truck manufacturer. The electric buses being developed by them are of remarkable quality and are appreciated. They have the capability to grow in EV market. Business from other countries like Bangladesh has started growing.

9. Marico and Britannia. After reading book by pat Dorsey, I could find these two FMCG companies which have good numbers, enjoys wide moat, management with integrity. Being moat was observed through both numbers as well as brand name in every household.

At present, all companies are having equal weightage. Will keep adding the amount in SIP kind of way. investment done is for atleast 5 years horizon. Opinions/suggestions from all members is requsted.

3 Likes

get rid of ashok leyland

buy bajaj finance instead

2 Likes

Bajaj finance is currently on watchlist.
Any specific reasons for Ashok Leyland ?

Converted Sterlite Technologies into Hester Biosciences.

That was very quick action. I like Tata elxsi, Marico and Britannia in your portfolio. I think you can include more number of stocks. It looks concentrated for a beginner although your stocks seem fine and so does your sip approach.

Thank you @Investor_No_1 . Will definitely add few stocks. Will update here once I do it.

I’d do some changes:
Remove Sterlite. Management not good, too capital intensive. Potential tech disruption in future.

Buy HDFC amc and small position in reliance Nippon amc as mutual funds industry looks bright.

Remove Ashok Leyland. I don’t like it’s debt and capital intensive business model.

Include United Breweries. Good numbers, young people drinking lots of beer and new launches, premiumisation.

Include page industries. Asset light. License renewed till 2040. I like its current valuation compared to historic valuations.

Buy no brainer stocks which are consistent confounders: pidilite, Titan, HDFC bank, Asian paints, hul, GSK consumer, P&G, dabur, Godrej consumer

Buy a pack of IT companies. Larger better. Tcs, Ltts, lti, tech Mahindra, HCl tech, Mindtree.

Buy a pack of financial co with good management and conservative lending process: cholamandalam fin, Bajaj fin, Manappuram/Muthoot fin, L&T fin, Edelweiss, dcb bank, rbl bank, bandhan bank.

Have some smaller FMCG bets: agro tech (it is subsidiary of con agra foods. Has brands like act 2, sundrop), Amrutanjan.

Buy consumer durable companies. Thesis being buying companies who enjoy higher sales with increase in income. Eg: vip ind, safari, bata, whirlpool, ttk prestige, Relaxo (avoiding seasonal companies is a must)

Betting on the infra of India indirectly: Havells, supreme industries, Kajaria ceramics, vguard, polycab, cera sanitary

Betting on the growth of india which means increase in borrowing. Companies like crisil, care benefit from it

Betting on health care of India. Indians are becoming more health conscious today. Eg: thyrocare, dr. Lal

11 Likes