Ahlcon Parenteral

Link: mailto:amit.btechit2007@gmail.com

Thanks,

Amit

There is a book available on Point and Figures which i shared with a lot of guys on this site. If you want a copy do give me your email id and i will send it to you. For the past six months i am studying and implementing the learning from this book. I have benefited immensely and improved my timings of entry and exit and reaped good profits. Still continuing my studies on lot of other things mentioned in the book. I maintain a lot of charts manually and also the bullish percent which the book speaks about. Will write in the thread I initiated on this site.

Hi Tony,

Please add my email ID also: swapnil_katare@yahoo.co.in

Thank you in anticipation

Regards,

Swapnil

Hi Mallikarjun,

I have tracked this co earlier, used to have a good qty during 2007 but then the co faltered for quite sometime and then when i got out at a small profit, the co sold out to B Braun at 8-9 times those prices :expressionless:

I haven’t been able to figure out as to why B Braun acquired this co…as the products were normal parentals and B Braun is a very specialized player. Seems to be more of a smart arrangement by the promoters to get good valuations. If B Braun is to startoperationsin this co then it does has value but that should take quite sometime.

Let me know if you have some insights on that front.

Ayush

Ayush if you get interested in a stock,it inspires and convinces us :slight_smile:

Some extracts from press release by B Braun on Ahlcon acquisition

1.âWith this acquisition, we will introduce many safe infusion therapy products in the Indian market and in other markets in the regionâ, said Mr. Anand Apte.

2.The proposed transaction is in line with our strategy ââTo be customerâs first choice in safe infusion therapyâ, said Mr. Anand Apte â Country Head of B.Braun in India.

3.âB.Braun is a leading player in India in medical devices, critical care, surgical instruments and renal care therapy andthis transaction reaffirms B.Braunâs commitment to further increase market share in India.

Didn’t get much info Ayush. Can a chat with the management help ? But the market is valuing it steeply. 32 p/e :-). There must be something :slight_smile:

(Before acquiring Ahlcon, B Braun acquired controlling stake in Hyderabad medical device manufacturer Oyster Medisafe.)

Ayush the other multinational company which is into parenterals is Baxter. Baxter bought Wockhardt sterile unit in Aurangabad.

Ayush from **point 1 **(in the previous post ) the following can be inferred

Since they have mentioned many safe infusion therapy products will be introduced, i see a immense potential for Ahlcon Parenteral

Infusion Therapy products

1). Infusion and Injection Solutions

1). Standard Soluttions ( Some 12 solutions are mentioned )

2). Plasma Volume Replacement Soluitons ( Some 5 solutions are mentioned )

3). Injectables ( 6 are mentioned )

2). Drug Admixture

1). Admixture Accessories ( 3 products )

2). Mini Spike ( Totally 11 products )

3). Transfer Devices ( 4 products )

4). Micro Pins and Filter Straws ( 2 products )

3). Administration Sets

1). IV Administration Sets

2). IV Administration Sets with Dosage Burette

3). IV Administration Sets with Flow Regulator

4). Special Administration Sets

5). Blood Administration Sets

(Totally 11 products from the above 5 )

4). Infusion and Transfusion Accessories

1). Extension Lines ( 3 products )

2). Extension Sets ( 6 products )

3). Filters

a. 0.2 Infusion Filters ( 6 products )

b. 1.2 Infusion Filters for Lipid-Containing Solutions ( 3 products )

c. Injection and Aspiration Filters ( 2 products )

4). Needle Free Access Devices

a. Valves ( 5 products )

b. Drug resistant ( 6 products )

c. Lipid resistant ( 5 products )

d. Accessories ( 1 product )

5). Cones and Stoppers

a. Closing Cones ( 3 products )

b. Adapters ( 1 product )

c . Venting Devices ( 2 products)

5). Automated Infusion Systems

1). B Braun Space System ( 7 products )

2). fm Generation ( 2 products )

3). Disposals ( 4 products )

6). Venipuncture and Injection

1). IV Catheters (IVC) { 12 products }

2). Central Venous Catheters ( Total 24 products )

3). Syringes ( Total 13 products )

4). Hypodermic Needles ( Totally 12 )

Hope the information & insights are helpful Ayush

Have covered only Infusion Therapy Products which are manufactured by Braun. (** From the above products how many will be through Ahlcon Parenteral(India)** :slight_smile:

Have mentioned only Infusion Therapy Products.** Yet to write about Parenteral Products**

[ Ayush please fix a management Q&A, if you can].

Regards

Mallikarjun

Advance Disclosure :slight_smile: - Entering today

Hi Tony, please mail me the book on : boscom@gmail.com

Thanks

Didn’t buy it today. Have placed the order (AMO).

Will update when invested

@Mallikarjun: Until and unless we get some insights on the plans of B Braun for this co, I don’t think we should be venturing at current valuations. Margin of safety seems to be missing and there is more of hope.

I think the best way should be to keep a close track on this co and jump when B Braun actually starts putting up capacities and introducing products.

Ayush

Ya Ayush even i am concerned about the valuations & liquidity. At the same time i feel, the stock may sharply rise, once markets come to know about B Braun’s intentions. In the past have missed many stocks, to see they make new highs :frowning:

Will slightly make an entry. ( Or we must wait for levels around 300-310 or 200 as Hemant sir as advised).

Regards

Mallikarjun

Please send to my email address drake.zsigmond@gmail.com. Thanks a lot.

i request you to pl. send me the book on my e mail I/D: okmehul@yahoo.co.in

thanks

Please see the thread Point and Figure charting, where I have started writing and explaining the basics of Point and Figure charts. Looking forward to your queries and feed back.

thanks a lot

Ayush, Ahlcon has closed below its 150 EMA :-). We may get better valuations to enter.

( B Braun is a privately held co)

Result Updates-

Net profit rose to 4.53 cr in the Q4(2013) as against 0.18 cr Q4(2012)

Full year

Net profit rose to 12.87 cr as against 5 cr during the previous year.

Sales have grown 36.64 % to 105.62 cr as against 77.30 cr during the previous year.

Outcome of board meeting-

1.The Board has considered for payment of final dividend only on the Preference Shares amounting to Rs. 5,40,000

2.The Board has considered the proposal for the 6th Expansion Project 2013

Risks still remain in the form of valuation, liquidity and marketcap.

CMP= 342.85 P/E=19.19 MarketCap=246.86