Zee Learn: Asset light model & operating leverage

what do you mean sir, dodgy/fudged no’s , AR ?..

1 Like

What has happened to this company? Is anyone aware? It is not publishing financial results or annual report for 2020 still…

This actually was a great business if it was managed well.

Is there any news of takeover by Byjus

There is initial discussion happening between Byjus and Zee Learn
Looking at the inorganic growth of Byjus one can wait
There is lots of value if this acquisition takes places.

Yes Bank Limited has allegedly claimed that the total amount
in default with respect to the financial facility is Rs. 468 Crores. This is the total amount of standalone debt. Rest of the loan will also move to bad books in few weeks.
The company has made several defaults last year also.

1 Like

Anyone still tracking this stock?
Last news was the this Bank insolvency petition, I have some old positions in the stock and trying to see how this will turn out.

I am thinking aloud here and I am a novice investor so feel free to correct me.

There are a few concerns on this counter

1. Inexplicable fall in Revenues after Covid (2020) : I searched internet and I could not pin-point the reaso n for failing revenues and operating profit. Could it be plain mis-management ? If it’s mis-management then it can be fixed but if it’s a structure kind of issue (i.e. ppl don’t prefer Zee schools anymore) then the recovery will take more.
  2. NCLT admitting pleas by various banks regarding debt restructuring : On this front, there are a lot of confusing news. Last year, Zee Learn said that they have settled their debt with Yes Bank and Indusind bank (Apparently the banks have take a hair cut). However, a few days back there’s a news that NCLT has admitted a plea by Yes Bank. Apparently, FY23-24 balance sheet mentions other income of (-408).
    In my limited understanding, if NCLT sells assets of Zee Learn then it’s a bad omen for investors. Instead, if Zee Learn works out debt restructuring then it’s super good.

This is a case of very high potential and very risky bet. I’ll appreciate if any wise person can guide further.

One of my family member is planning to take kidzee franchise. I just came around its financial health. Would you recommend taking some other franchize for a pre school other than it please tell. I know its a personal question but would be thankful for your replies.