VP CHINTAN BAITHAK GOA 2018 : Experience Sharing

There is no doubt that screener is an invaluable source of information. It the only public source I know that gives information that is useful for someone interested in long term investing.

Just a few years ago information was hard to come by, then it became easy and now it is hard to get away from. We are bombarded with tweet like bits and pieces of information and it is too difficult to make anything out of it. It is easy to miss the forest for the trees.

Most of the information is focused on short term data that may or may not turn out to be of any significance in the long term. In fact, even after processing large volumes of data available publicly, what I found most useful is the key data for a company that is not available in corporate databases and has to be curated from all these available sources. I don’t see how some AI or machine learning can do this. And seriously, we continue to miss warning signs that are in front of us so I do not see how machine learning can help with that.

3 Likes