V2 Retail - Second innings playing out well

(grohal) #41

Each of the 50 stores of V2 retail is doing 12 crores in annual sales, and being valued at 30 crore per store. Given most of these stores are in small towns, I find these numbers too large to make sense!

(dabull) #42

I’m a long-term investor in V2 Retail. On a work visit to Delhi about 10 days back, I dropped into their store near the international airport. Was very impressed by the overall look of the shop and their systems. Piped music playing Hindi hits, with intermittent announcements about their ongoing promotions. Bought a T-shirt and did a few enquiries from the counter clerk. He told me they are currently doing sales worth 4 to 5 lacs every day. On the weekend the sales climb up to 6 to 7 lacs a day. The number goes up by at least 50% during the festival months. Considering this was one of their larger outlets, I can imagine 12 crores per annum per store could be the right figure or pretty close to accurate.

(arunkp) #43

V2 Retails opens 2 more stores in Jharkhand and Odisha.

(arunkp) #44

http://equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=228011

V2 Retail Ltd opens Retail Store at Hyderabad, Telangana

(arunkp) #45

http://equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=230853

60th store opened today.So, another 40 stores remaining as per management target for this year

(arunkp) #46

(Birsha Haldar) #47

(Birsha Haldar) #48

(Birsha Haldar) #49

Found these slides by a well followed person on twitter. Personally i agree with the analysis given how Q3 and Q4 results have panned out. Would want to know other people’s opinion about the same. Not that things cant get better from here as it happens with many small cap companies. ( dis: Buying price is 35 but presently selling out slowly )

(ruffles) #50

I am failing to understand why there is so much demand of vmart whereas v2 retail is hovering on same price for last 6 months. Both have same customer targets. More or less their ebitda margins are same. Anyone can shade lights on the differences between them?

(arunkp) #51

(Tarak) #52

V2 Retail posted good results in Q1, but even then the stock is in correction mode.

http://equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=233507

Can anybody throw some light into this price behaviour of V2 Retail?

(niravacharya) #53

maybe growth is 29% and PE is 40
but that is also a guess

(ruffles) #54

I have invested large chunk of my portfolio in v2 retail thinking it is a small cap and in consumption space. But since January nothing is happening in stock price. Results are good so I am not thinking to move money from v2 to somewhere else.

Is there any issue which we might not be knowing.

(niravacharya) #55

hold on as results are good, so eventually it will pick-up

Disc: Planning to invest

(manan1379) #56

the reason in my opinion is return on capital and return of equity which r much superior for vmart. But these cud also b coz v2 is in aggressive expansion mode so the ratios will remain low till d new assets start contributing to the top and bottom line

([email protected]) #57

Promoter to Promoter transfer
Akash Agarwal gifts all his 7.3% s=stake to his father Ram Chandra Agarwal.

Why - is there anything negative (like son moving out etc) that has triggered this transfer …anyone any ideas