Torrent Pharma Ltd

I was going thro’ environmental report of Torrent oncology facility coming up some time back.

Here is my summary.

1 Torrent is increasing filings next year (fy18 to around 20) concentrated towards derma, opthal and oncology
2.New oncology facility is also coming up near Ahmedabad. It should be ready by mid CY2018 (total capex is 1500cr including onco for next 3 years)
3 Torrent is increasing up the filings with external R&D and CMO
4 Point 1,2 and point 3 are very similar like alembic (even the timing look somewhat similar).
5. The difference between alembic and torrent is that alembic does the API for many of the molecules.
6.I have gone thro environment clearance report for the onco facility and have attached pipline analysis
Torrent is mostly targeting many big molecules (many are 1b USD+) in onco as per environmental filings. Because in generics timing does matter (when you launch), it is not certain whether they will launch in first to files or later (after juice is out). I have also added which molecules are common between alembic, shilpa and torrent (not a lot in common currently).
Alembic and Shilpa filings I have used the FDA DMF list.
6. Torrent is targeting some ophthalmic and gynac launches too. But they seem competitive currently…
7. Not sure what is the strategy of filing for some of the very competitive molecules with already 10 or more torrent onco environmental report analysis.xlsx (12.1 KB)
competitors.

10 Likes