Shreyas Shipping & Logistics Ltd. – A coastal shipping story!

@Deenar_Toraskar
Yes, when I initiated this thread in March 2018, I did believe that since the Co. was into coastal shipping, it was largely unaffected by the shipping index.

The mgt. though has repeated suggested that the decline in the container index has a bearing on the performance of the Co. As investors we would do well to be guided by the mgt. commentary. Attaching two recent such cases.

Investing is a dynamic exercise & our views are often influenced by what we learn as we go along, which is also how it should be. To my mind, the mgt. wants to de-list as it feels that the markets are not valuing the Co. fairly. Even when it was doing well, the valuations were ridiculous. It is always possible that they may decide to re-list at a later date at a time of their choosing or may list abroad.

I have also learned that it is pointless to remain invested in a de-listed Co. In times to come, the Co. mgt. is free to change the face value of the shares to 10,000 or even more & the shares held by the retail investors turn into odd lots. It is pointless to fight the mgt. of a Co. looking to de-list.

9 Likes