Shilpa Medicare -Racing away on the Oncology API highway!

regarding venus remedies there was some ruckus about them not paying depositors their refunds in time. I guess after that the noise died down but that turned me off from the company and even though it is cheap I have been consciously giving it a miss. So no idea on venus remedies. I dont mind missing a big one if I have the slightest doubts about management.

Hi,

Hitesh bhai, its amazing that you are able to track of Shilpa also and monitor it technically. Stock has done well, sadly I got out early.

On Venus, I have studied this co earlier and i feel something is wrong somewhere. It doesn’t inspire confidence. Our screener does through out some negatives which one should check out. I would suggest one to be careful on this one.

Ayush

Thanks for your inputs Hitesh.

Also can you refer some book or some material that explains charts/patterns lucidly.

attached daily line chart of shilpa medicare with inverted head and shoulders pattern explained. if the pattern plays out then target will be 400 plus on shilpa medicare.

You can google the named pattern and will get a lot of details.

For referal books. John Murphy’s textbook of technical analysis is quite good but a big book.

Capital market people had come out with a basic book on technical analysis which also was good. I dont know if either of them are available or not.

Thanks Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks to your positive feedback on technical analysis, I too started developing some interest in technical analysis. Have downloaded few pdfs by doing google search.

To me it seems a nice idea to combine fundamental analysis, and technical analysis to reach at better investment decisions. Using fundamental analysis, one can choose a set of stocks, and using technical analysis one can predict the short/medium term stock price movement.

Thinking of creating a new thread, where I can ask you questions of technical analysis :slight_smile:

shilpa medicare comes out with excellent q2 fy 13 results. very good sales and profit momentum shown by the company. I think the next growth phase of the company has begun and the inverted head and shoulders pattern may afterall play out.

quarter q2 fy 13 q2 fy 12 q1 fy 13 h1 fy 13 h1 fy 12
sales 90 71 88 178 140
op prof 14.28 8.1 12.87 21 27
NP 11.4 7.65 10.7 22 18.4
eps 4.64 3.12 4.36 9 7.67

company might end up doing eps in excess of 20 for fy 13 if the same run rate is maintained going forward.

Plus this is one of those companies with pristine balance sheet in terms of debt.

Yes, finally the nos seem to start coming after a pause/consolidation of about 1.5 yrs. The important thing to look at is the Balance Sheet. There is a considerable increase in work in progress of about 90 Cr+ on a FA of 140 Cr. This co had very good plans and if they are going to materialize in coming times, the stock can do very well.

I have been tracking this co for about 7-8 years and they have been wealth creators. We should work on this co and try to get insights on the expansion plans etc.

Ayush

PS: Had got out few months back :frowning:

Hey Ayush,

came across this jobrequirementfor shilpa

http://www.careerage.com/cgi-bin/showad.cgi?file=/20130105/6c3dc13c0d823e0c70c712678c350121.html

rgds

Thanks for sharing

Now it ha come down below 30 and 50 Dma.looking good for buying and accumulating on dips…

Regarding job opening for Shilpa Medicare check this blog -

http://careerandinfoisro.blogspot.com/2013/01/shilpa-medicare-limited-sml-production.html

They got the first price inNational Energy Conservation inDRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS.

http://www.indiacsr.in/en/?p=8980

http://www.vbshilpa.com/pdf/2012/31.3.2012.pdf

hey Ayush,

one more bit of info abt Shilpa

Hi,

The above is a shareholding statement which was available from before. Anything new you looking at in it?

1 Like

nothing new I think. barings continues to hold close to 10% stake.

Is Pivotal securities associated with Prof Mankekar?

Noticed ICICI & Barings ( but i guess its old news)

Have not gone thru the AR so far, will do so now

Yeah, most probably pivotal is prof mankekar