PC Jewellers

Post the Rs 13,700-crore Nirav Modi scam, the customer has lost confidence in gems and jewellery, which has impacted sales. We are running a campaign to win back buyers’ confidence which may boost Akshay Tritiya sales,” said Surendra Mehta, national secretary of India Bullion & Jewellers Association.

Isnt it a short term prob…Indians are obsessed with gold. If fundamentals of company are strong , it can be a right time to buy considering cheaper valuations. Views Invited

Disc : Invested

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/63692414.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

What is he referring to? Are we missing something?

It’s probably LIC, he is referring to

No, he seems concerned with Lic investing in PcJ as if there is something wrong with it.

LIC buys into the entire equity market and has invested in each Tom,Dick, and Harry. No reason for him to highlight PCJ, separately. As a matter of fact, LIC holds 6.3% in Vakrangee.

Regards
SJ

1 Like

Who is this Shyam Sekhar guy and why should we take his tweet seriously?

Can anyone explain the below transaction. To whom this promoter gifting the shares to. He has gifted almost 1% equity (valued around 100-150 crores) in last one month. This looks strange , when stock is down 50% from highs and investors are also cautious about any corporate governance issues. Still one of the promoter selling 1% as gift. This looks v strange to me. Can anyone throw some light on it

He is a celebrated investor and I really admire him.

Seems equity is being adjusted and among family members with founder gifting to them

are you sure ? I mean its just mentioned as gift in Bse website (no mention of transferring to any relative). I can not see any other detail. Is their a possibility that they have sold the shares to monetize and using gift option for it. so that other may not get cautious due to it. May be to hide the intentions ?

I my opinion, one can gift a movable or immovable property of this value
amongst linear blood relatives and one can not sell and show it as a gift.i
m not sure but only confident that this transaction must HV happened with
in close family members.

ok , so if thats the case , promoter shareholding should not change in upcoming shareholding pattern…right ?

If the gift is to blood relations then there is no tax as per income tax rules, most probably it is inter family transaction.

The company is on new showroom opening spree, it has opened showrooms in Pune, Aurangabad, Nagpur in western part of country and another 5 in north India in last 3 months.
Fundamentals are good, growth & return ratio are superior to competitors. Management quality, I wish to know about before investing large amount.
I have made small investment at current price because valuation is reasonable and growth prospects look promising.

What is the reason for today’s 6% fall? Most jewellery stocks were wither positive or flat. Is there some bad news or is it due to Apr expiry? Besides, Titan is trading close to 70 PE and PCJ at 17. There is bound to be some normalization soon.

1 Like

Why its keep falling even after clean chit. And no involvement in any fraud ?? It should be benefit from other fraudulent jewellery company which are closed now. Its keep falling from 600. It was showing much strength before vakrangee scam. Now its keep falling after vakrangee case came into light. I am confused. Cant see any particular reason behind fall or may be promotors dont want that layman can see the reason.

1 Like

Dude, all these jewellers, diamond merchant have always been out of govt. grip as 90% of the business is on cash. Demonetization and GST has hit these guys very hard. Just go and check the houses of jewellers, those are mini-castles from inside. Even if they are running a very small business or a corner jewellery shop.

Now all such dubious firms will come back to their real value. Titan is the only transparent and professional jewellery business so better invest in that if you are looking to gain from this industry.

2 Likes

Is the fall because it is nearing the expiry on 26 April 2018?

At some point everybody has to comply GST. I do not think PCJ gets out of this business. It’s a matter of time and patience.

Few months back they brought Akshay kumar and twinkle khanna as brand ambassadors and the advt. has also got a good response. Why will a company choose such expensive brand ambassadors if they are not optimistic about business growth or if they are doing some accounting fudge? Am I thinking on right lines.

Disc : Invested since IPO