Paushak Ltd. - Alembic's agrochemical business

Extracts from the ongoing Application for the amendment in the Environmental Clearance.

Justification/ Reason: The project is granted EC vide order F. No. J-11 011/19/2017/IA II (I) dt d. 31/08/2018 for 1 no. of phosgene plant & 6 nos. of multi product plant. The existing facility is now old and some plant/ infrastructures have eroded/ corroded and some modernization is proposed, so 2 nos. of multiproduct plants along with utility, storage and other associated facilities are proposed to be shifted in the additional land bearing survey no. 79B/P1(Par t) having 17532 m2 area. We had availed EC under B2 category for proposed project of API vide or der SEIAA/GUJ/EC/5( f)/1581/2021 dtd. 18/10/ 2021 on adjoining land bearing Survey Nos. 79/B P1 of Village Panelav. We have now dropped/ cancelled the proposed API project. We are applying for an EC amendment of F. No. J11011/19/2017/IA II (I) dtd. 31/08/2018, to add 17532 m2 area of land bearing Survey Nos. 79/B P1 of Village Panelav for relocating our old, eroded and corroded structure & plant and utilities from the existing premises to proposed premises.

3.9.4. Deliberations by the EAC in current meetings 3. Deliberations by the EAC (i) The Committee noted that PP is going to enhance the capacity of utility boilers. PP shall carry AAQ modeling for the same. Accordingly, PP shall update the existing EIA report and submit an addendum to the EIA report. (ii) Furnace oil shall not be used as fuel. (iii) PP shall submit CCR issued by IRO. Accordingly, the proposal was deferred for want of above additional information. Above all additional information shall be submitted online to the PARIVESH portal for further consideration by EAC.

Source: https://parivesh.nic.in//utildoc/51324847_1709560499363.pdf | Page 91 Onwards

6 Likes

I have summerized information about new plant from annual report 2023.

There is no mention about delay in new palnt

Kindly provide supporting document.

Thanks

Paushak ( from AR 2023)

1…New Plant

= New Phosgene derivatives/multi-purpose plant which started contributing in sales from Q4 FY 2022.

=We are pleased to share that we have achieved rated capacities of the new plants while demonstrating
our technical expertise in developing indigenous technology platforms, launching new products and building state of the art plants.

=These new automated plants have also been visited/audited by Global Customers/ Innovators from our targeted segments resulting in more confidence and interest in our technical expertise and is expected to result in future growth opportunities while establishing Paushak as serious global supplier for Phosgene derivatives.

=Our major market like Pharmaceuticals and Agrochemicals are experiencing slow down along with price erosion and intensified competition. This is expected to result in margin pressure in near future.

=However, the new plants have
catalysed our growth while demonstrating our technical capabilities, commitment and our vision to become a global
technology leader in Phosgene and its derivatives while creating niche for us.

2…New products/New technology

=We are working on new technology
platforms while launching new products in near future while investing more to create downstream capacities. We remain
committed to be “Partner of Choice” for our customers while expanding R&D capabilities to support such launches with
addition of more technical resources.

3…Raw material
=Reducing imports significantly and saving foreign exchange.

5 Likes

I think the fall in revenue this year can be attributed to this ,no matter how strong the moat, 100 times pe is never justified.The company still makes 80% of its revenue from india but this was in Fy 22 when the extra capacity had not hit.They have mentioned that they would be using the extra capacity to venture into for newer product segments which will have lower margins.

This is the only chemical company i recently invested in and in a very small percentage due to the current valuations ,no matter how good the moat maybe but it only protects them in india with recession looming around the world restrictions ,going forward i would like to track topline,margins,capacity utilisation and where the revenue comes from to increase my holding %.

5 Likes

What do you mean by “100 times pe is never justified.”? Paushak PE as I see it is 28 only in screener.

1 Like

I think the reference is to the PE going above 100 in Oct 2021 and April 2022,

6 Likes

Any view w.r.t holding.

1 Like