Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd -- OSCL

Annual report

http://www.omkarchemicals.com/cs%20pdf/2016%20-%202017.pdf

1 Like

The promoters are selling again in open market

can’t find any data in bulk deals , any link please

Please check this:
http://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/stockreach_insidertrade_new.aspx?scripcode=533317&expandable=2

But in the latest con call, pravin hirlekar has made it clear that, henceforth, there will be interse transfer from Omkar Hirlekar. Need to check if my reading is correct. Please read question by Preet on page 10 of 16 of the latest transcript of con call reported on 29th aug

OSCL is expected to hold 10 % share capital in Lasa. Lasa balance sheet (31.03.2017) is showing Share capital suspense A/c of Rs.20.57 crore, in addition to Share capital of Rs. 5 Lac held by OSCL. Either Share Capital should have included Rs. 2.05 cr or Share Capital Suspense account should have included agreed Rs. 2.05 cr allotment.

Observations from annual report

● Even in FY17 company was not able to spend for CSR (INR 50LAKH) and they are carry forwarding it to FY18…This is the third year company skips CSR… clearly elevated stress levels
● Company has receivables of around INR 24cr aged more than 6 months.Last year it was hardly INR2 cr…

2 Likes

Omkar Herlekar is no longer a promoters, so his selling does not reduce the promoters stake. Moreover , till LASA gets listed, selling his Oscl stake is the only way he can raise funds for LASA.

1 Like

Hi friends…I am new to this page…I am trying to understand the business model of OSCL… Can anybody gives some insights on the factors which will govern the listing price of LASA in the context that every shareholder of OSCL get share of LASA based on no. of share of OSCL shareholder have?

In principle approval also received from BSE .

http://www.lasalabs.com/cs-pdf/Lasa-approval_20170901195608.pdf

1 Like

I feel Sequent is the market’s bet on Arun Kumar’s ability to create wealth for the investors. Like Piramal.

Even if Sequent keeps making losses, market will give high MCap to it due to past successful deals by Arun Kumar.

Lasa, if any, comes with a pedigree of blemished promoters. I would not use its PE for reference valuation for Lasa.

Sorry to miss this in the previous message. Not sure if a disclosure is the requirement for this group. But if it is: Lasa will be 20% of my PF if it lists at Rs 100.

Can someone please help me reconcile below mentioned line-items from Cash Flow Statement from Annual Report FY2016-2017?

1. In CFO - line item “Exceptional items of earlier period” for 3170.32 lakhs. How did they get this? I guess this came from the exceptional write-off in last quarter of FY2017, but still how did they get this number? I wish they had provided some explanation in the NOTES section.

2. In CFO - line item “Short-term Loans and Advances” of 141.67 lakhs. If I take Short-term Loans and Advances from Current Assets in B/S, the difference comes up to 5114.27 - 4414.12 = 700.15 Since this is increase in current assets, this would be deducted as part of WC changes from CFO. But, actually they have added 141.67 lakhs which is not making any sense to me.

3. In CFO - line item “Trade and Other Payables” of 3383.61 lakhs. Please help me understand how they got this number. By looking at Trade Payables line item in Current Libabilities - I don’t get this number.

Thanks much in advance.

3 Likes

Great news ! SEBI clearance received for 19 2 b relaxation.

Where did you get this info from

http://www.lasalabs.com/cs-pdf/19%20(2)(b)%20Approval.pdf.

Discl: Invested in OSCL and am allotted Lasa post de-merger.

JP

2 Likes

Can you share what this rule is about and what does this relaxation imply?

It just means that all hurdles to the listing of lasa have been crossed and it will list in the next ten days.

3 Likes

much appreciated Gambir ji.

Request your attention on the following demergers:

1. Tube Investments
  2. Zee Media
  3. Sundaram Finance.
  4. Lykis

Regards

1 Like

Did the management confirm this?