Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd -- OSCL

That’s correct Sumit. It is. We are trying to figure out the steps.

Dear Girish. That is probably the best answer and explanation even given ((IMHO) about growth businesses. Even better than Peter Lynch or Warren Buffett. Best.

AVTAR instalments pvt ltd has Increased there stake in company today by almost 80% they hold 2.5 lakh before todays purchase, today they have added another 2 lakh shares from open market

3 Likes

Who is avtar. Anybody well known?

The promoters of OMKAR SPECIALITY have reduced their stake since Dec 2015. The promoters stake was around 65% in Dec and now it is around 53%;;
Can anybody throw some light on this continous promoter selling in the Market; ??

Dear Sekhar, Please do feel free to read the entire thread above. You will know more than you can imagine :). Best.

2 Likes

From initial search it shows AVTAR INSTALMENTS PRIVATE LIMITED is a company owned by from the looks of it “proper investors” from Delhi. They seem to have holdings over 1% in 2 only companies. OSCL and another company called Maharashtra Corporation Limited (I don’t know anything about the second company).
I find their increasing their stake quite a positive sign as they already held 1.2 percent of the shareholding of OSCL previously, and have now increased it aggresively. This takes their holding now over 2% and they have remained invested (with over 1% stake) for at-least the last 10-12 months.
They will probably be monitoring the company better than any of us can and have invested an additional 3.37 crores yesterday with their purchase of shares from the open market.
Purchase Details: 2,01,051 Shares at Average Price of 168.09 / Share.

1 Like

I am eagerly waiting for entire depledge disclosure… which would break the highs for the year for this stock…

Dear Paresh, Yes, although most will pretend it’s not about the stock price, it is. That’s why we invest in growth companies; but I would advise don’t only go by de-pledging, look at the amazing growth the company is achieving, and keep invested till you can see the growth or find something with better growth. One day or the other, the stock prices simply reflect it.

yes… but somewhere the stock has been under valued due to promoter not able to maintain what he says in concall… depledging and de merger will clear these things and stock will get back fair valuations

I agree it’s a strong possibility that there might be a re-rating on the depedging. We cannot predict it for sure though. It might or might not happen to a schedule.
So generally it is better to keep an eye out on the fundamentals and another eye on an exit at above fair value when reached if the price of a stock is above fair value. One should try and pay below fair value and must exit at froth, even though there may be more froth and we might look like fools sometimes in the short term.
What will cause the price to trigger, when will the trigger come, how much will be the trigger value… who knows and cannot spend even a moment thinking about it. As long as the story makes sense, remain invested if possible, or unless you see a better story.

1 Like

@giridesh3 Can anyone make sense of the latest shareholding pattern on bse website? It says promoter shareholding is 47% now. What is even worrying is that it also says ~40% is still unpledged.

Please note that I might be reading this incorrectly - happy to learn with the VP team. Thanks !

I am also confused. I am seeing 47.53%,. can some one brief. But on Jan 2 filing it is 51.02.

The difference i could see is in Pravin H shares

31st Dec - 62,06,732
2nd Jan - 69,29, 032 (Transaction proposed to happen on 12/01/2017

2 Likes

Promoter needs to fulfill his word. Of course, instead of hiding, they are at least regularly conducting conference calls.Next 3 months are crucial. They need to fulfill their promises on pledging, de-merger.

Disclosure: I have holdings.

This may be due to 722300 shares not reflecting in depository accounts of Pravin which they seem to be adjusting whenever they declare through standard disclosure. They have stated earlier in one of their concall that the website does not allow to adjust it .But the point to note would be how did they do it for September shareholding pattern .

2 Likes

Had emailed the company and received a call from assistant to CS (CS is on leave these days she said).
47.53% plus 722300 encumbered shares (as mentioned by Kavinkumar sir). So that takes %stake upwards of 50%

On questions regarding de-merger, she mentioned something like from high court the application has gone to NCLT and thus the delay. Did not give specific timelines. I do not understand company law, can experienced members throw some light here please?

She did not give any info regarding when de-pledging is expected to be completed, plant commissioning and debt/capex plans. Probably, was not much a senior personnel so might not be aware of strategic level info.

Board meeting date for Q3 not decided yet, will discuss once CS is back (in a week’s time) and then make announcements for results date

Experienced members or anyone in touch with management may please throw some light here on below:

1. By when do the management expect to completely de-pledge the shares?

Is there any delay in de-merger process? What are the revised expected
timelines as on today for the de-merger and are we facing any problems
on approvals or meetings?
3. Please if you can update us
regarding plant - we hoped that effluent treatment will start so we can
start production? Where are we progressing on that?
4. Our consolidated long term debt increased in Sep 2016 - what are our plans for capex and debt in FY2017 and FY 2018?

Disc: Invested recently with small amount. Novice investor, not a certified advisor/research analyst
Thanks

More shares have been UNpledged http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/1D5D5373_6ED8_4D86_8CD4_2F36BD667EA7_091658.pdf seems going in the right direction.

4 Likes

Its surprising…Again yesterday disclosure with regards to regulation 10(6) of sebi act.

As per the disclosure its understood that some shares have been transferred from mr pravin herlekar to mr omkar herlekar but what we don’t understand is in notes its mentioned that shareholding of mr pravin herlekar has come down by 745000 shares?

Does this mean that mr pravin herlekar has sold additional 745000 shares?
Expert advice needed on this…

Thanks
Saumil

Have gone through the whole thread here…Thanks everyone for digging the business inside out.

@giridesh3 bro…So what exactly is the position currently in regards to pledged shares and promoter holding? This is all pretty confusing to be honest. And probably that’s the reason this is trading at 9 trailing p/e.

What do you think will happen going forward. In my opinion, promoters are still doing the right thing, though they are failing on delivering on stated timelines. I think that’s not that big an issue till the direction is right.

One important question that comes to my mind is whether the capex is backed by orders? I.e. do they already have order for this additional capacity? Or they still are not operating at full utilization? In one of the posts i read, they still have unused capacity, then why would they be going for additional capex by leveraging their business?

The capacities are working at around 75-85% according to con calls.
Only unit 6 is working at low capacities. It supplies raw materials to lasa along with urdhwa facility and unit 5 (which is yet to be operational.)
And the management itself said that they will increase production in the new capacities slowly in a phased manner. So they probably expect to get more customers and orders with time. Nobody has orders booked for an entire factory since inception. They have orders from just a few customers currently for the new facilities.