Nav_1996 portfolio - Suggestions needed

Interesting PF @nav_1996 . Glad to see your long term conviction on HDFC, Biocon etc.

I also hold ITC among your picks a small picks. Likes to.know what is your overall CAGR and which pick of yours did well

I really donā€™t know CAGR and I donā€™t intend to measure it as chasing CAGR is fraught with accidents . (Also difficult to measure as I have few demat accounts and last time I tried to figure out it was close to index + div yield). Idea is to hold simple to understand, secular growth stories for long.

Downside is that I completely missed out on chemical growth.

Biocon: I had much larger weight. But I trimmed as it too complex to warrant a large holding.

Chola and Titan have been 10 baggers whereas Dabur, Marico, Biocon and Nestle ~3x .

Glenmark and Lupin where temporary 3x but back to buying price :frowning:

1 Like

Thought I will update my portfolio as it has been quite sometime.

There has been no major changes. Moved out of Dabur and trimmed some OFSS. Funds went to add Brookfield REIT, IRM Energy and SF Holding.

Moving out of Dabur was based on slower growth in FMCG going forward and I wanted to trim one of FMCG stock. Dabur appeared to be obvious choice as its portfolio is full of legacy products rather than aspirational products.

Trimming OFSS was super costly mistake due to recent runup. Last time I made this mistake was with ITC. One of reasons I am so scared to make changes to PF.

Cholamandalam 13.6
HDFC 13.2
TITAN 11.6
OFSS 10.5
L&T 8.4
M&M 7.1
Nestle 6.1
United Spirits 5.6
Marico 3.7
Reliance 3.5
ITC 2.7
Brookfield REIT 2.1
IRM Energy 1.9
SF Holding 1.4
Cipla 1.4
Lupin 1.3
Biocon 1.1
Glenmark 1.0
Sanofi 0.7
ITBEES 0.7
Indus Tower 0.2

@Vivek_6954 for your review.

2 Likes

Added Rane Brakes < 1% by trimming bit of Marico. Intention is play emerging manufacturing theme with well established and entrenched player

Thesis on Rane Madras board