My Top 5 Investment Basics Books, & why?

Got my hands on the Fifth Discipline - the Art and Practice of the Learning Organisation - Peter M Senge, yesterday, and started leafing through it this morning, and after just 5 pages - started jumping up and messaging my investor friends and Guru friends :slight_smile:

Most MBA students might dismiss it from earlier reads (as something known, already), but there is huge value-add in the new version. Here are my enthusiastic initial comments s sent to friends, so treat them with a good pinch of salt, but hey you cant ignore this seminal value-additive topic, anymore!

The latest edition is significantly improved - with 100 new pages - the author stresses how the complexities in the world has changed drastically over last 15 years, and how in latest version - the scope has widened that much more - and more learnings incorporated from discussions with other leading management thinkers of last 15 years, and the refinement in the fifth discipline practice of last 15 years in major corporations around the world. There is an entire new section, Part IV: Reflections from Practice, that might be immensely valuable in the context of our fast changing world.

Fifth Discipline - the Art and Practice of the Learning Organisation - just leafed through first five pages, and am mesmerised - just the book I needed at this stage of our quest in Understanding Complexity (Systems Thinking), Mental Models and Reflection, and Aspiration (Personal Mastery, Shared Vision) - as described by The author Peter Senge. Rated as one of the most seminal management books of the last 75 years by Harvard Business Review, sold more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, in its first edition.

Amazed again at how things HAPPEN - when the quest is intense and sincere. P sharma responded to our self-reinforcing model thread at VP quoting Senge, and highly recommending us to read the book saying - you guys may be onto something!

After a very long time I am reading a Management Book - and I am hooked - because it combines a bit of everything we are grappling with at the moment - Art side of Investing and its practice, Science and what is measurable and reinforcing loops, fallacies in thinking, and power of win-win collaboration in Investing over competing, and more.

Highly recommended reading for the โ€œCuriousโ€ - on what makes for a superior business?
Check our Self-Reinforcing business model thread for context, behind the excitement :slight_smile:

5 Likes