Mastek Limited - Midsize IT company

Company seems to be at an extremely good place from many perspectives: organic growth, incremental value addition, industry growth, management capital allocation (evosys) and valuation.

In fact it completely stumps me why valuations are so low. Looks like a clear mispricing. Does anyone understand why mastek valuations are so low (as a propepective buyer I am trying to understand any counter views).

The only 2 negatives I could think of are:

1. Ceo quitting - investors might suspect some hanky Panky going on. My own take is that IT companies employees are often quite mobile. Professional management moving on after 5 years is not exactly negative. There might be some difference in opinion between ceo and board which is why ceo quit.
  2. Their stated strategy is to do more aquisitions. Many aquisitions fail. So this is a risk. My take is that they seem to have good systems in place to make good bolt on aquisitions (warren Buffett term). Evosys is one such example. Very good aquisition.

Disc: invested

1 Like

One has to account for the amortization component of acquisition related goodwill that is sitting on the balance sheet. I haven’t analysed in depth. But on cursory glance it looks once that is done, valuations would be fair looking at post amortization earnings multiples.

Sorry I didn’t understand. Can you please explain in simpler language. Assume I don’t know much. :sweat_smile:

To be clear, I understand acquisition and goodwill, but don’t see how that impacts earnings. It impacts ROCE and book value.

Suppose Mastek buys 100% of another company for rs 2000. The annual PAT of that company is rs 100 so the company was bought for 20 times it’s earnings.

In Masteks consolidated accounts of subsequent years, it will show this 2000 as Goodwill in the balance sheet whereas the earnings of the new company will be added in its P&L.

Logically the 2000 paid has to be amortized over a period of next some years but accounting standards aren’t so simple and they require the acquirer to test the goodwill amount for impairment every year (how much the worth of the new biz has gone down by complex cash flow calculations).

So normally there is a situation that while the benefits of the acquisition i.e. the profits are accounted in income every year, but the cost of acquisition i.e. goodwill sits in the balance sheet and is only taken to P&L as and when the underlying value of the acquisition is ‘impaired’- see impairment accounting.

As an investor I would assign a reasonable period for eg: 15-25 years and add some portion of goodwill as a charge to P&L every year just like depreciation so that costs and benefits of acquisition are evened out.

Since mastek has ~ Rs 650 crores of Goodwill, assuming that it paid for 20 years of earnings of evosys and other acquisitions, I can as a thumb rule assume that 650/20 = 32 cr must be charged to P&L every year… in reality they would charge a must lower figure to P&L for the goodwill amortization.

Once that is done the normalised PAT would decrease and earnings multiple would look much more in line with peers. In my view it would not be fair to analyse growth in YoY quarterly earnings without adjusting for the above.

6 Likes

But this goodwill depreciation is a non cash charge right? Nothing is changing in the real business. If I were to value Mastek for price/operating cash flow, then that would still remain the same right ?

Imo this seems like an accounting jugglery which does not impact business prospects. Mastek paid 650cr+ something to aquire evosys and it’s future earnings. The cash went away from books, goodwill came in and so did earnings stream in future p&l statements. Even if there is goodwill impairment, I would not be too worried about that as an investor since business operating cash flows are not impacted Unlike real asset depreciation wherein a real factory is getting used up and needs replacement, accounting goodwill does not need replacement after period of depreciation so I don’t know how much value to place to such depreciation.
Happy to hear your thoughts.

2 Likes

I won’t pretend to know the reasons completely but the mood around Mastek soured big time post the CEO resignation.The issue is that even normal employees are given a notice period before leaving the company so the CEO leaving so abruptly was a shocker.How could the top management not know? And if they did then why did no one even give a hint in the call or any other manner?

On the other hand,Mastek now has a cash on books of 750 cr.(a number that will only rise with each quarter) which is a huge sum for a company with annual revenues of around 1600 cr.So some apprehension on the size and nature of the acquisition could be holding down the stock.On this amortization/goodwill thing I have never heard this argument for giving a lower multiple to a stock.A lot of companies are serial acquirers(Motherson is a prime example) and as long as the bought asset brings far more value to the acquiring company,the market will re-rate the acquiring company.It is only when synergies and actual cash flows/deal wins,etc are dry that attention goes to this accounting aspect like it happened in the case of Bajaj Corp acquiring Nomarks.So we need to see the ‘fit’ with Mastek whenever this new company is acquired.

As far as I recall the markets were not very excited with the EvoSys acquisition too,when it was first announced last year but once the benefits started accruing the stock took off like no tomorrow(pre Covid price near 400-40,fell to 170 and went all the way to 1460)

Disc.: Invested.Views are biased.

2 Likes

Current Discusion

Mastek valuations fell to a low of 3.9 TTM P/E!

I must have been living under a rock coz i never noticed it on may of my screens.

Definitely, it was. Worst case for investors would be, management/board is doing some hanky panky which John Owen did not want to play along with and hence left in a hurry. Best case would be that he was ‘let go’ for differences in opinion. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

This is like my second reason. Management can go wrong with capital deployment decision. But when i read the concall, it looks like management knows what they are doing. They are actually evaluating for synergies and culture match and 1 level down management quality, not going purely by numbers. Proof of the pudding is in the pudding. If evosys is anything to go by, then this management knows how to deploy cash and acquire.

Looks like a good buying opportunity with some potential downside. Thanks for adding your thoughts.

RoCE

Looking at numbers from Screener, one might be wondering how a business with RoCE of ~15% is able to throw up so much cash. this is because the RoCE appears to be optically lower than it really is.
Annualized the profits for H1FY21 (since we do not know the balance sheet for september quarter), the RoCE appears to be 18%.
However, the goodwill on the books here is not exactly a core capital that is deployed (remember that evosys working capital and fixed assets are counted separately). Removing the goodwill from the denominator gives us a RoCE of 30% which presents a much more complete picture IMV.

Goodwill

Interesting thing I observed is the rate at which they are depreciating goodwill is actually close to what vegeta was saying:

This pic shows us 2 things:

1. The goodwill is already being depreciated through the P&L.
  2. Rate of depreciation is roughly 24cr per year.

So I think any concerns about goodwill depreciation not hitting P&L (and therefore earnings being optically high) should be addressed.

3 Likes

I think the concept of good will, amortisation of good will etc is not understood correctly. When a company A acquires a Target company, the amount paid over and above the value of net assets of Target company is accounted as Goodwill in books of company A. This amount is typically amortised based on the company’s estimates of the profitability, growth, etc. However if after acquisition, the business of Target company suffers any major disruption due to market changes, regulatory action etc. the amount to be amortised is taken a relook at accordingly.

It should be noted that amortisation is only a book entry and doesn’t result in any actual cash outflow. The cash has gone out of company when the acquisition happened. But its impact on P&L is spread over multiple years.

Also a conservative company would want to write off the amount of goodwill a soon as possible to avoid presenting a false picture of assets in the balance sheet.

One additional aspect to be watched from next FY is that earlier, the amount of goodwill amortised was allowed as an expenditure for tax calculations purposes. From FY22 it will no longer to be allowed and the tax provision will be higher to that extent.

3 Likes

My two cents:

So far Mastek is been operating in standard onsite/offshore project executing small to mid size project. There revenue was dependent on few large clients, like BT, Capital in the past. Additionally, all revenue (more than 80%) has been derived from the UK.

Historically, Mastek major revenue was coming from onsite - meaning major revenue was derived from resources placed on the client side. Small portion of their revenue was derived from Fixed Bid/Offshore resource. Offshore business is more profitable and sticky, which was lacking in Mastek.
However, Covid has changed the situation for Mastek and they are now getting good portion of new work from Offshore, which is more profitable. This has aided there margin last year .

IMO biggest changed in Mastek profitability happened through Evosys. Evosys is not only more profitable than Mastek, it acquire large number of clients (35-40 per quarter) which bring in more potential for cross sale. This is also helping Mastek to crack US market, which has been eluding them for decades. Mastek never had a good business from US (Majesco has US revenue, but it was mostly in the insurance). They have tried various things for US entry, but still struggling.

Question is how sustainable it is? John Own main KPI (if you listen to him since he joined) was to bring in stability to the revenue and profitability, which he did amazingly well. We need to see what happen going forward.

Looks like they will go for another acquisition but may be they will wait until new CEO join on-board. Based on the cash they have, they are likely to do it sooner than later. I have seen their capital allocation over many years and it was reasonably good. They bought back their stock many times when the prices was between 100-150 (6-7 years back). Their US acquisition of TAIS Tech did not work out as expected, but Evosys is looking like spectacular as of now.

If they get a good CEO (which will be difficult to determine in initial years. Every new incoming CEO will have a grand resume, otherwise he won’t be selected) and able to develop US market well, I think the stock has good potential.

13 Likes

I compiled some data to understand the trend in some of these key monitorables for mastek:

Metric / Period Q3FY21 Q2FY21 FY20 FY19 FY18
% revenue from UK & Europe 66.80% 67.20% 72.10% 73.90% 69%
EBITDA margin 23.50% 21.10% 14.50% 12.70% 12.20%
PAT margin 15.70% 14.30% 10.20% 9.60% 8.30%
Active Customers (TTM) 618 542 427 200 170
Customer Additions 57 37 53 37 42
Order Book (cr) 946.7 940.5 785.1 544.9 524.8
Cash 778.6 476.4 414.7 244.5 205.7

Agreed completely. Look at the change in the PAT and EBITDA margins in FY21. Simply amazing. They acquired Evosys at 2x sales for ~966cr. Evosys was growing its UK/EU business at 157% CAGR and US business at 116% CAGR between FY17 and FY19. If this isn’t an amazing capital allocation decision, I don’t know what is.

Revenues from UK remain high, and IMO are a key monitorable for rerating. In that context, I do agree with management strategy to focus on US as the next growth market and any acquisition they do in US would help diversify revenue base even more. If the acquisition can be for a highly profitable future proof growth area (like evosys was), that would be the icing on the cake.

Disc: Invested.

12 Likes

7 Likes

Company was recently awarded a near-£10m deal by HMRC to provide support to 100+ digital services for a year. Earlier contract was for 6 months.
https://www.publictechnology.net/articles/news/hmrc-awards-%C2%A310m-deal-support-customs-and-border-services

Mgmt had indicated during an earlier call about pilot projects being incubated with UK Govt & on the potential of converting those into much bigger contracts

Disc: Invested

4 Likes

Great overall results from mastek:

Business momentum is clearly visible. Same concerns remain over contribution of UK revenues and profits to overall pie. Would be interesting to hear what management has to say in concall.

Disc: invested

4 Likes

Mastek is now one of the fastest growing medium/small sized IT companies, with both the Evosys and legacy engines firing. Free Cash last fiscal stood at a robust 275+ Crores, a remarkable 63% YoY growth. Key trackers will remain their CEO appointment, their US growth traction & 12M Order Backlog. The honeymoon period of boosted quarter on quarter growth numbers driven by Evosys comes to an end. Evosys had a relatively smaller 87 Crore contribution to sales in Q4FY20. Growth here onwards will be organic (unless there is another acquisition) on a leveled-up base. ROCE is now above 20%.

The combination of Growth, both past and the near term outlook, margins, quality of earnings (Cash Conversion + FCF generation + ROCE) gives a sense of balanced growth & maturing financial position.
Among companies of its size Mastek is punching way above its weight class but remains relatively cheap on valuation. Mastek could be a candidate for further re-rating and performance driven upsides.

Being an inherent project driven organization and being heavily dependent on UK continue to remain risks.

Disc: Invested.

7 Likes

Some notes from the Q4 call
• 45 new customer additions in the quarter. Of which 10 customers have a revenue of more than 1 billion+.

• On Deals won: Largest deal size in FY 21 was 35 mn dollar+ in Q4.
o Velocity of winning deals - SOW for first 10 mn deal - came in Jan 2020. In the last 1 year – secured 2 such deals. Took 5 years to get first 10 mn dollar deal. In 1 year got 2 more.
• CEO appointment – Nearing the completion of process, did not indicate any timeline for announcement
• Cloud space continues to remain in focus. Partnered with a Japanese company (based in UK) in the digital space
• Entered into 3 large deals with UK govt Healthcare space . including a 3-year multi-million dollar deal to provide secure Biometrics Exchange, Integration & DNA Services to UK’s Home Office
• North America continues to remain in focus
o Wherein, 35% business came from Healthcare, life sciences,
o 25% from mfrg & retail
• Area of fastest growth is in US. Very small presence currently. 20% revenues from US currently. Focusing on doubling of order book
• Capital allocation / acquisition: Indicated that they have a 3 year plan in place on where they want to be; open to acquisition opportunities

Disc: Invested

15 Likes

Concall Transcript

Concall Audio

Management Commentary

When I stay look back, it is the journey of four years ago that we started on digital, digital suited us the best, because we are about large projects, we are about product, we are about solutions. As you know Majesco is one example of that, which was separated, but Mastek continues its journey as a digital transformation company. And to add to it, sales engine that we now have got through Evosys, which is booking large number of customers for us. This year we booked almost 160 customers and all of them are actually candidates for digital transformation if we choose to, which is where Mastek will come. So, the synergy of Evosys and Mastek is also another component of the growth apart from the growth in our base business of Mastek in digital transformation and Evosys in terms of Oracle ERP, HCM and SCM.

So, with that in mind, what we really want to focus now on next year’s growth. We had a very fruitful quarter where we have a three-year plan, which we have worked on. And given that we are completely focused on digital cloud space, we look it with a great promise because we are in a space which is growing the fastest. We do not do much of the old legacy jobs whose growth rate, as you know is not very high.

Growth Drivers

• I understand eVosys is bringing in lot of leads (Cross selling ) to Mastek core digital transformation business
  • Completely focused on digital cloud space (not interested in legacy jobs)
  • Our order booking, though we do not share it but just to give you a degree of magnitude, grew almost 90% year-on-year in the geography. And that’s what gave us a degree of revenue growth as well.
  • BOPUS, Buy Online Pick Up in Store, has moved further into the touchless experience space which means that our need to deliver bespoke application on top of the digital or the retail infrastructure that is out there, is needed.
  • Our head count stood at 3,792 at the end of March 2021. We added 190 resources during the quarter.

Achievements in FY21

• We signed our first £25 million deal with one of the existing customers. It’s a three-year deal with an ability to move it to 5+ years under extension clause that we have, which gives you a sense of around $35 million-plus as a deal opportunity.
  • We also signed a new logo in the financial year, which was on a quarter-on-quarter basis, very tactical support and by the end of the financial year we were able to convince them for a long term engagement and it became our fastest £10 million engagement, from 0 to £10 million in a space of six months
  • We also opened our first logo in the local government space, as most of you know that, through our Evosys engine, we have got a meaningful presence in the local government and we were trying to do that in the cross-sell and co-sell mode (I think this is HMRC contract HMRC awards £10m deal to support customs and border services | PublicTechnology.net )
  • 3-year multi-million dollar deal signed to provide secure National Biometrics Exchange, Integration & DNA Services to the UK’s Home Office (£25 Mil)
  • A special mention reserved to our healthcare customers in UK, essentially in the NHS space ( Panoply secures two separate contracts in partnership with Mastek | Sharecast.com )
  • Became a digital transformation partner for a financial services customer of Japanese origin, operating in UK for a very long time. And they have necessarily wanted to partner with us in the digital space of bringing the digital apps in their landscape to address their customer (Deal size is not shared, from the tone of Mr Abhishek it sounds like not a big deal to shout )
  • US business - which recorded a record number of new logos that came in this year, 13 of which 10 of them were in the non- retail sector
  • During the quarter, we added 45 new customers, 10 customers of them have $1 billion-plus revenue in dollar terms which keeps us excited seeing the potential to further mine those accounts.
  • UK geography continued to maintain its growth trajectory and delivered 11% growth quarter-on quarter in constant currency terms

Growth Levers

It is great satisfaction to me also that over last year we have built capabilities to get into this growth mode for the next three years

• We have added enough people in leadership
  • We have added enough people in terms of skill sets and we would be adding sufficient capabilities as we move forward in terms of acquisitions that we would have as we move forward
  • The three-year plan identifies the acquisition areas that we want to get into. We have a complete clarity what we want to do in-house and what we want to acquire, and we want to move with that as a charter to move ahead. And most important part is that, as we are focused on the growth charter, we are not letting up on our other standards that we have always lived which is about high corporate governance, transparency, and other standards that all of you value very much. So, I would stop here with a great satisfaction and a hope to move forward Mastek into the next year’s growth and next three years growth.
  • Am happy to report that we have now landed our private sector Head of Sales. He joined us in early part of April. We have further solidified the leadership as Ashank alluded by having a Head of Delivery in UK joining us. He will have a dual responsibility of managing the geography as well as holding into the larger global Head of Delivery that joined us in the month of January.
  • And continued investment in the capability and sales coverage is the mantra on which we are focusing on. Cloud capability and cloud space is at the forefront. AWS and Azure are according to us the opportunity to grow our business in both public and private sector space. And hence the sales coverage, continued investment in the sales coverage. Vertical capabilities are also our focus. We have figured out what our sweet spot are, which are the enterprise customers, which vertical should we focus on. Hence our ability to build capability in that space continues to be invested upon.

eVosys

Four segments that would drive our business.

1. North America

Clearly is the largest market for Oracle and hence also the largest growth market for us. Our current market share is quite small and therefore the headroom that we have is phenomenal. This year we continued investing in North America, we had doubled our sales force last year and we continue to grow our sales force this year in going forward. And we are now starting to see a significant impact of that change in our business. We, this year closed our order booking in North America literally grew by more than 120% as compared to last year. And also, the number of new customers that we are acquiring are much more sizable, much more bigger and we are moving to the up-market kind of customer base that we are focusing on. While we are growing in North America in general, but the growth in North America is also very targeted to two key verticals that we really want to establish ourselves in that market. These verticals are healthcare and life sciences and manufacturing and retail. 35% of our business in North America this year came in healthcare and life sciences and around 25% came in manufacturing and retail. So, as

you can see while the North America business is where our real focus is in terms of growth, it is also super specialized in terms of the area that we really think we will be able to build a significant brand for ourselves and continue to grow there. I think this focus and attention that we have in Oracle cloud, but again a super specialized through key verticals that we think we will be able to build a significant brand and value for ourselves in, is allowing us to deliver results in that market.

1. SAP Compete

The second key area focus for us is going to be the SAP Compete market that we are really aggressively going after. As I had mentioned in few of the earlier calls also, it’s a brilliant market for us because given our size and focus on Oracle, it literally makes us one of the only partners who is focusing on SAP Compete. Because most of the others in our size also run an SAP Practice and hence are not able to go after a Compete to the SAP business. And as you could also see from the notes that Oracle themselves are sending out, SAP Compete is becoming a significant market that Oracle is also planning to go after and trying to gain. And I think within that space we are really creating a strong name for ourselves. In fact, in the last two quarters, we have closed five really marquee customers, either winning them against SAP S/4HANA and in fact, out of the five, two customers were such who were using SAP-ECC as their legacy application. So, this continues to be the second big foray. It is also a market that is going to allow us to move a significantly forward in the UK and Europe region. It is a strong foothold of SAP. But I think our intentions and ambitions are to spearhead this Compete

1. Managed services on cloud applications

As the cloud application business or the implementation business matures, more and more customers have now migrated towards Oracle cloud applications and that population continues to grow all the time. While some of them chose large 4-5 consulting firms for their initial implementations, as they turn towards managed services, their expectation of delivering output and value is growing. This is where niche specialized partners like us have really become important. That continues to become our next key focus of business, wherein we want to grow our business on managed services, not only converting or creating managed services on cloud applications for our install-based customers, but also competing and winning customers who had been implemented by other large consulting firms. This year also marked some really important deals in that segment with close of our largest managed services transactions this year in that

space. The managed services space is also very complimentary to the Mastek Evosys combination that we go after, because now we are not only a partner that can offer services around Oracle cloud applications, but with the combined team we can actually cover a much larger breadth of services looking at various technology platforms right from integration to cloud migration to DevSecOps, etc. So, that continues to be a key focus of our business. We had really

good growth in that segment and our intentions and ambitions are to grow our business or reputable revenue coming out of managed services by at least 10 points higher than where it is in terms of percentages.

1. Co-sell and cross sell

The key essence of the transaction where we are really focused on trying to grow that business. This year has been a year wherein we had looked at various aspects of cross-sell and co-sell. We have tried various combinations that has been a year that has given us a lot of earnings in terms of what is going to work, what will require more enhancements and how do we sharpen our proposition. Very interestingly, we have identified very important key

propositions that we think are successful and we know where our target markets are, managed services being one that I already spoke about.

The other important aspect that we have already learned is going to be the combination of ecommerce plus Oracle CRM, and then the back-office ERP along with it. Very happy to report that we have closed multiple transactions working with Oracle impact, the Oracle e-commerce business for Mastek grew significantly this year in terms of the number of new customers that we have been able to acquire. So, as we create this combination of Oracle e-commerce plus Oracle CRM as an offering, it creates, or it makes us a significant partner from a retail segment as far as Oracle is concerned. And that will continue to be a key focus area from a co-sell point of view.

On the cross-sell side again, a lot of very important learnings that we have had. We have looked at our customers, we have also looked at the areas that we would want to invest in, we are also starting to see and win deals in the right segments, so local government, that Abhishek earlier mentioned and retail, being the two segments where we are seeing good wins in cross-sell and we are also sharpening our propositions and development of those as we move forward. Crosssell has had good success, and I think we know our strengths and weaknesses much better, and we look forward to a much more substantial cross-sell growth also as we move forward.

Lastly to sum up, I think these four strategies continue to be our key focus area going forward. I think they are all very-very relevant and now proven with the success that we have had in this year and in this quarter. We will continue to invest on all of these four lines to look at growing our business at even faster pace in the coming quarters and years. So, that is broadly a sum up of where we are

Things to watchout

And another development which will help us solidify our US business is a framework agreement that we are chasing with a large retailer. They are looking to transform their work. These are of Canadian origin and they are looking for off-shore support as well as in-Canada support that we are working on and we believe that, that will be a big driver for our growth forward.

Coming to US geography, we saw some compression in the revenue quarter-on-quarter which is primarily due to delay in some of the contract signatures. However, the lead and lag indicators as we see in the form of pipeline, order book and the discussion which we are having with the delivery in the headcount, we expect US to grow from this level.

New CEO

“So, as we have said earlier, area of fastest growth over next three years for us is going to be in US. That’s an area where we are not strong as a percentage of our revenue. And the kind of skills and capabilities we have that is the market which is best suited for us for future growth. So, we are getting a person who is going to have a deep experience in US market. So, that is the main thrust that we have. Obviously, the person apart from the US experience of marketplace, who bring a deep knowledge of running a large service business, because many of them are running much larger size business in fact, and they bring in the whole capability required to make it happen, be it in delivery, be it in HR, be it in getting the salesforce, etc. So, we are looking for a well-rounded person, who would lead the existing team which we are also proud of each one of them and some of them are here. But we will bring a person who will make all of them more effective. Let me put it that way.”

What are they going to do with the cash of 600 crore ?

We had outlined in prior quarters that in the defence space there are large framework deals, $100 million plus where we are participating as part of the consortia. And on our own as well, we are bidding for the bigger ones where we are getting to the last two last three that gets you the degree of confidence our solutions have our capabilities

we are also partnering with the behemoths who have been in the large accounts or in the large opportunities but need our expertise to take it to the next level. So, whichever way we have decided we are enjoying the space that we are in with the momentum and the conversion.

Risks

"Public sector, which has been our bedrock of growth in the organization as well as in the geography grew above 35%. However, private sector did have its own share of challenges. Most of you know that our clientele is between retail and financial services and they had that degree of compression driven by the COVID environment. But if we continue talking about our successes, public sector actually went from strength to strength, landing new logos, expanding

into the existing customers so, the twin pillars of our strategy deepening the relationship, as well as expanding the customer base"

Majority of the revenue is from UK (After BREXIT we are yet to see the real impact on UK economy , NHS spending has gone up because of covid, HMRC is cash cow )

Not many additions from the private sector , though they mentioned about Financial services ( don’t see any new logos added and appears to be lot of stress seen on retail sector side )

Little bit more time on the private sector business to give you a flavour, clearly caught compressed because of the COVID impact on our customers. Their businesses went as low as 10% of the pre-COVID level, as a result their discretionary spend went down. As a result, our businesses also compressed. We also lost a couple of customers

To conclude, our growth pillars in form of UK public sector and Oracle EBM cloud is firing. The kind of investment which we have made in private sector and also making in next coming quarters, we believe this pillar will also come to the party and all the pillars soon should start firing

15 Likes

MASTEK Con-call notes-

1. The company believes that it’s a five year old company rather than being 3 decades old. The main turnaround was post the de merger of majesco and mastek which changed the face of the company.
  2. The company’s major share of business has comes for the UK from the start.( contributing roughly about 95% of revenues at the start)
  3. This year the company has top line of 232 Mn and bottom line of 30-31 Mn.( a great improvement in bottom line)
  4. Company believes that the UK public sector is performing well and will continue to do so because of its agenda on digitisation throughout the entire Gov.
  5. It has several UK public sector clients like MOJ, MOD, NHS and also HRMC( added this year).
  6. Opportunities still exists in the Uk public sector because it has roughly about 360 departments and MASTEK have penetrated only 10-12 departments.
  7. The UK private sector has been turbulent mainly due to the pandemic.
  8. The company will see significant investment to expand it legs in the UK private sector in the coming years.
  9. There has been significant improvement in the oracle side of business concerning Evosys.
  10. The company has formulated a joint go to market strategy that is giving them the opportunity at the big table.
  11. The growth in the company has primarily come because of internal changes that were successfully adopted and because of the changes in the UK govt policies.
  12. SAP attack isn’t a very big base of revenue for the company as there are considerable challenges to move from SAP To Oracle system.
  13. The company’s major focus compared to biggie IT firms has been to grow from M&A. Growing organically and inorganically.
  14. The company plans to maintain steady dividend payments and will not be looking for special announcements.
  15. The company focuses on technology and its underlying verticals.
  16. The company has got good amount of repeat business and eyes to maintain stable margins at 18%.
  17. It is experiencing some margin pressure due to wage bills.
  18. Mastek is increasing its roots in the US and currently US contributes about 15-20% of revenues. It mainly focuses on growing those numbers.
  19. The company’s major growth opportunities lie in the UK private sector as it rises from the pandemic and The US markets where it hopes to gain a good market share.
7 Likes
2 Likes

“Mastek enables multiple clients to deliver D2X Strategy"

According to Chase Kim, EVP of IT of Gear Coop “We chose Oracle and Mastek as our Transformation Partners. The Oracle Customer Experience Commerce solution best met our business needs while Mastek, as a D2X enablement partner with their vast experience in retailing, eCommerce, and diverse technology capabilities, fit our Implementation Partner needs. We see Mastek as the partner that can help us unlock the potential of our Gear Coop owned Commerce channel.”

Would like to know more from fellow investors more insight about this, is this is a product offering ? (where Mastek developed a plug and play kind of framework to connect all the stake holders or just implementing Oracle solution )

Oracle Commerce Cloud
A good intro. to understand how OCC will help the businesses

3 Likes

Big News :

Announcement of the appointment of Mr. Hiral Chandrana as Global Chief Executive
Officer

Linked in Profile

7 Likes