Lasa Supergenerics Limited

This link takes you to an article which was published in 2016…how come it is a recent activity???

I am doing the same. The entire sentiment in this forum is about value but price invariable becomes the king especially when it begins sinking. At that point, fundamentals begin to matter less and market forces rationale counts more. I have closely tracked signs of fraud or bad intent and found them lacking. In fact, in B2B business, it builds great customer appreciation if you bite the bullet and absorb losses if costs go up suddenly. To a certain extent of course. One would want pricing power, ability to pass off costs to customers, but it is not possible always. Fixed Cost projects in IT is a great example of that.
~ Disc - long term investment in Lasa with shares in tens of thousands, averaging strategy each time market drives it down,

This actually came on their twitter handle on july 31st…

That way, it is recent! :smile:

@dn2017
Yes. As long as the promoter holds significant shares and didn’t pledge a big chunk, he is still investes in company’s success. So, if we can then bring down the risk of management being crooked, we will still need to work on other possibilities (1) Management doesn’t have capability or doesn’t know how to manage (2) Company runs a risk of bankruptcy before turn around to profitability (3) A better opportunity exists in other companies like Sequent Scientific etc.

I bought it around 150 and exited after the news of rights issue came .I mentioned about it back then that time that market is not liking the news of rights issue but some one was counter arguing against it saying its not because of that and fundamentals are all on track.One thing i learnt from the markets is that market punishes management who is hungry for cash unless the management is very very high quality.the management got greedy seeing their stock price go up after ipo listing and wanted to get as money as much as possible from the market. Many prudent ones in the market sensed it and got away.These are the acts which convey things about management more than any interview or financial performance.

I think some one who was invested more than 50% of their portfolio in Lasa and hope they exited at a stop loss price .

2 Likes

Lasa reduces losses …cuts down production…

appointment of new CFO…new additional director

Question remains intact… are the figures genuine…

Another question is, how much inventories do they hold? Also, with recent China shake up, how is their partnership with the Chinese firm shaping up?

As per the numbers, we got to assume it is genuine, with a risk of fraud. I think that is already priced in. I am more concerned with how long can the business sustain and how long would it take for profitability. If I remember right, Omkar mentioned that it will take 2 quarters to pass the cost of raw materials to consumers. The next quarter will be the one where the reason of raw material cost wont apply.

Any details about the conference call?
Couldn’t find any with the results.

I saw this on outcome of board meeting. Does this mean share dilution…?
Why would the company try expansion plans when they have ongoing issues?

They are planning rights issue probably. But it will only come once market conditions improve

1. Qualification of CFO is not mentioned. Earlier CFO appointed by company didn’t join.
  2. The time of AGM 9:00 AM at Mahad???. It seems the company does not want shareholder to attend.
  3. The WTD has 8 year of experience and in eight years he worked with 4 companies.
    This speaks about talent company is hiring.

Future of LASA is shaky.

Disclousre: Invested

The Annual Report 2017-18 gives remunerations of senior executives. The company is quite conservative in awarding financial remunerations even to its senior executives. It is quite likely that the CFO and Whole Time Director who resigned this year, did so because of low remunerations, and not due to issues related to corporate governance. I am tempted to think that the resignation of the auditors this year in February too might have been related to issues related to their payments rather than corporate governance matters.

Disclosure: Invested, hence my views may be biased.

I was shocked today to see the price of lasa after long time .Last time it was trading at triple digits and now it’s near single digit .Is anyone following Lasa .Is it a good entry point or it’s a dump stock Looks like promoter have dumped all the stock at triple digit valuations.Its a great stock to learn about greedy and cheeky management.
Yesterday Bought tracking position at 19 .

I am not sure if the promoter sold any shares. However, the company is now making a loss.
The last time, they blamed it on the increase in raw materials. Now, the crude price has increased from that level. Wondering if they will be showing a loss now as well.
There is very little base by which one can evaluate a small company when it is having a loss and has a questionable management. Unless they post consistent and meaningful profit, I am looking at a permanent capital loss. (there might not be enough cash to burn for long)

I hold it in my portfolio as a reminder to do DD when investing in risky ventures. Still slight hope left in terms of turning around. Fingers crossed.

Was there any con call for Q1FY18. If yes can anyone share the transcript?

I did try to warn their ways as they have not changed in the last 5-6 yrs. Unfortunately, I got lot of pushback from folks who were bullish here.

1 Like

Lasa Results

We are possibly heading for another disaster with Lasa Supergenerics. Board meeting of 29 August 2019 has “approved preferential allotment of upto 1,78,08,219 equity shares of the company as per ICDR Regulations to Promoter of the company i.e Dr Omkar Herlekar for consideration other than cash subject to shareholders approval in the ensuing general meeting and statutory approvals (if any).” This will add about 80% additional shares, thereby leading to a huge equity dilution. This has been followed by an Open Offer on behalf of Dr. Omkar Harlekar where the share purchase price of Rs. 18.25 per share has been mentioned. This is the minimum price at which SEBI rules would allow purchase of preferential shares in this case.

I am not going into the ethics of fixing such a low price (this may be a case of the promoter turning an adversity for everyone into opportunity of himself, by creating the adversity in the first place). The main point here is that issue of preferential shares is not in cash but in kind. What the company needs at present is cash, and what it will receive is something it does not need (perhaps some collateral, such as property, land or even dud shares of Omkar Speciality Chemicals or such other company.) We should vote for / against the resolution on this prior to the AGM after careful consideration.

Views of the members are requested.

Link to Board’s decision to issue preferential shares to the Promoter

3 Likes

Got AGM Notice.

As expected its Promoter Loan which is being converted into shares which is good…as it will deleverage balance sheet but bad as share dilution heavily because issue price is too cheap.

I think we should ask promoter to increase issue price so that dilution is less.

Hello Folks!
Any information on the recent price movement in Lasa? Any reflection on the sector as such?

~ deeply invested :slight_smile: