Kumar Portfolio

Core:

Satelite:

Core or Satelite: Never planning to have permanent hold. When some thing detoriated…substantially…and can hit top line and bottom line…and difficult to come back to growth path for 2 or 3 yrs…will ready to sell or ready to book loss.

Basket approach I learned from @hitesh2710 Sir…Thank you sir…

Here are my questions:

1. Still I feel, I dont have concentrated portpolio, I may not be able to generate alpha or beat Index returns.

2. Most of the stocks which are in my list are already identified stocks by market. Or ran significantly in last 5 yrs or so…Will that same run continue…

3. How to keep this list of maximum 20 stocks.

4. Will this kind of basket approach …outperform index returns?

5. Or better to go to basket approach only for shining sectors…avoid other sectors which are not active/or not in participating in rally?

But one thing I can tell So much learned…lot of changes happened to my initial portfolio to current portfolio…Still lot of things to learn on maintaining my allocations which is key to performance

Any points on my portfolio are welcome…to learn and restructure

Thank you All

1 Like

@axiskumar

In the core and satellite portfolio style, core part has to consist of high quality all season companies. Allocation to the core part can be according to one’s own style.

The satellite part is where one has to be choosy. If I were you, I would prefer to have only 2-3 sectors which are the sectors in fancy and keep a basket of stocks in these sectors. From what I see in your satellite portfolio, I can see nearly 9 sectors/baskets which I feel are a bit too much. You might want to focus on that aspect.

5 Likes