Is Suzlon a turnaround story after FY16

@The_Seeker
My view on offshore is as follows, please note these are just opinions or my understanding

I think about it this way, DICOM have incentive to buy RE energy becasue they are cheaper than coal. So price is a big incentive.

To give perspective soalr is 2.5rs wind is 3.2rs and coal is 5rs now these offshore projects are 8rs to 10rs.

In government despite having incentives things move so slow just think of it how would thing move when they have to buy it at 2× the cost.

Even for EPC company it is a big no

1. You need technology/ experience
  2. The cost is so high, so if 1 project goes here and there, discom dont honour, which they have done in past thats it.
  3. There is so much of demand for non offshore then why go offshore unless the IRR is like too good, this means even higher cost of procuring.

Things keep change, like in suzlon the QIB news was new info, and they going debt free was new info, so if earlier i was thinking they were too expensive at 25 thst changed to 30 and now they might not underpreform inox

Similarly on offshore if there is some new technology or xyz i might change my view, as of nlw any wind comlany doing offshore is a red flag for me

3 Likes