Introducing phreakonomics.in - Finance tools

Hi Everyone,
I have another exciting idea to present, in time for the results season coming up. This is a notifier for BSE announcements using a pub-sub model.

https://phreakonomics.in/bse-notifier

This is not new as there are other threads on this very forum where there are some solutions available but I found them deficient in some ways - they did not have push notifications, or they weren’t reliable or they required app installations or they required third-party add-ons for showing notifications. All of which were too cumbersome for me. So I wanted to re-invent ground up.

I wanted a real-time notifier and these were my primary goals

1. No app installations
  2. Push notifications are a must
  3. Should work in both mobiles (android primarily, as I use android) and desktops
  4. Simple to use

Nice to have

1. Email notifications
  2. History of notifications sorted by day for stocks I am interested in

I have achieved the primary goals and if you are interested, please try it out.

1. First get yourself registered - Its a very simple process. I need it to save your watchlist.

42%20PM

After you register, you will have to confirm your email and then login.

1. Enable Push Notification

20%20PM

Click on the “Push Disabled” button to Enable push. Your browser will request permissions - Please accept. Please note that this requires something called “Service Worker” and not all browsers have it - especially Safari on Mac/iOS doesn’t. Please do yourself a favour and use Google Chrome. Push Notifications work beautifully on Chrome.

Once you enable it, it should look like this.

06%20PM

1. Add stocks - Use the search box and add as many stocks as you want to your watchlist for getting announcements real-time.

That’s it!

When the company in your watchlist posts announcements to the exchange, you will get a notification like this (on my mac)

and this - on my android phone (Please note that you will have to login to phreakonomics.in on your phone and in the BSE Notifier module, enable Push Notification to get notifications, if you registered through the desktop. You can receive notifications on any number of devices this way).

Clicking on the notification will take you directly to the pdf. This is especially useful for Quarterly Results.

I noticed that some of the existing solutions fare poorly as number of people using the system increase or if the stocks in their watchlists increase. I have taken special care on the performance so that this is not a problem. I hope it performs well.

A word of caution - Volatility is very high minutes after the result, so please trade with caution if you intend to use the information for that purpose.

As always, please let me know if something’s broken.

Disclaimer - I will not be responsible for any gains or losses you might make using this tool. I intend to keep this tool free for the foreseeable future but future is not really foreseeable. This is a hobby project, so I might be slow in fixing things or adding features.

29 Likes