Dixon Technologies

Here is some good read on Dixon:
What led to Dixon Tech’s electrifying comeback | Value Research (valueresearchonline.com)

Few quick notes:
Dixon clients in mobile manufacturing includes Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Xiaomi and Jio.
New facility of 3,20,000 square feet being set up in Noida.
In the last five years, revenue from the mobile segment grew at 96 per cent per annum.
Risks: Dependent on China for some key raw materials apart from having Xiaomi as client.

Disclosure: I am invested.

1 Like

Dixon_Q2FY24
Dixon Tech report excellent Q2 FY23-24 results. Here are some highlighlights

• 28% Revenue growth YoY & 47% PAT growth YoY

• Mobile & EMS division revenue grew by 77% YoY. Security systems revenue grew ~20%

• Eventhough Home appliances and Consumer Electonics divisions revenue flat. Lightig products revenue continue to decline huge (~40%).

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am new to VP and excited to be here. I am a beginner in company analysis and would be great to learn from everyone.

About Dixon - I have been tracking this stock for about 3 months. Things seem fine and future looks to be bright as there would probably be an increase in electronic manufacturing in India. However, I am concerned about the following and would love some advice on:

• Are the P/E levels of Dixon high enough right now that they don’t represent the performance and suggest more monitoring?

• Revenues might be controlled on a few large customers. Additionally, the margins in this business tend to be on a lower side. Could this hamper the growth of the firm?

• Large players like Tata could eat their lunch if they wanted to. How big a concern is this?

• The stock price used to be ATH two years back and is back to the same levels now. Are there any precedents of successful trajectories from other companies who have seen this pattern?

Thanks!

What investors look at are future returns, in Dixon’s case why the prices fell 40-50% from its high was because of the miss in the guidance provided by Dixon management. As there was delays and order deferring from few customers Dixon could not achieve revenue targets of the 18000 Cr which was highlighted by their management.

Now as few more customers which have been added like Xiaomi, Jio, Samsung in mobile segment there is visibility into the near future and the mobile segment may grew at faster pace and that’s why it started reflecting in its price.

Coming to the future projections if Dixon is not able to meet the investors expectations of high revenue growth from Mobile and Laptop segments which are high growth segments then it’s price will be punished again.

3 Likes

e682ade9-97b4-466c-a44e-752b4d9e5169.pdf (825.5 KB)
Dixon Technologies’ Wholly Owned Subsidiary Padget Electronics Inaugurates New Manufacturing Plant in Noida