Divyanshu's Portfolio

I have decided to track the performance of this portfolio, assuming lumpsum investment on 1st Apr, 2019. So it has been exactly four months, and the portfolio is down 4.57% as against around 6% decline in index. It is extremely rare for one to invest at bottom and be profitable from the get go. There will always be an initial period of being in loss before the profits start building up, provided the underlying business are doing well. The question, of course, is how wrong the timing of initial entry is, which will determine how deep the loss can go before recovery.

Portfolio update: I have decided to remove HUL (5% weightage) and instead increase Nestle (from 5% to 10%). Though, both HUL and Nestle are profitable positions, I am concerned about the distribution moat of HUL weakening as people change their consumption habits and online retail grows. See-

In comparison, Nestle products like Nescafe and Maggi, have customer stickiness, and can command some premium even over online retail. (Additional benefit: one less business to track)

1 Like