Crisil - Ride the Investment Waves

Yes. PPFAS do have a small position in ICRA. I have been a unit holder of them since their inception in 2013. But when it comes to rating agencies, CARE is definitely undervalued at present. Please check my small write-up on the same on the CARE thread.
Disclosure - Invested in both CRISIL & CARE ( from 550 levels)
regards,
dr.vikas

2 Likes

• Financial System Fragility
• Heightened activity in alternatives and deployment of private capital
• Continued spends on regulatory requirements, risk management & business transformation
• Increasing government capex continued to support investment drive in corporate and MSME growth.
• Higher corporate bond issuances, robust bank credit growth driving bank loan ratings
• Indian GDP expected to grow at 6% in fiscal 24 with risk tilted to the downside
• Growth is seen in all businesses amid global concerns.
• CRISIL’s expertise in infrastructure consulting being leveraged in other developed nations in Asia and Africa
• Increased demand for indexing products and research insights that deliver alpha through digital platforms.
• The company focuses on de-risking its ratings business and protecting margins.

4 Likes

Here is an observation about Crisil’s cyclicality. Every few years Crisil’s PE re-rates to ~57 and then reverts to mean. We could be near the top of the cycle right now.

Disclosure: I hold shares. No transactions in recent 90 days. Not a recommendation.

6 Likes