Changu Mangu The Bull - Portfolio

Agree with you @kkpatel1924. Its a great idea to invest efforts into macro themes and sectors benefiting from them. The best thing is that this approach really saves time.

Real Estate & especially Banking seem like good themes to ride from a 3-5 year standpoint based on my understanding.

Not sure of technology or pharma from the limited research I have done so far because its very important not to overpay for growth.

If the market goes down 20-30% its a very different story altogether.

I think, we as investors should also have the humility to accept when there’s no value and stop fighting the market in search of a miracle. Its much safer to go for low-risk bets in debt or index/ETF’s. Some hard facts I have learnt from experience.

Even most celebrity PMS’s have returned around 5-6% max ( based on their model portfolio and I’m assuming before their 1.5-2% annual fees) this year while a debt fund or PPF would have given around 7-8%

Some interesting thoughts I shared here on growth vs. value and the pitfalls of overpaying for growth, paying for good management, value traps- Finding value stocks in an overvalued market

1 Like