Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies – Digital Gold or Tulip Bulb?

Any Indian listed co in blockchain technology/ cryptocurrency/ digital currency

Alokbhola,

Very interesting collection of articles you have here. Let us chat. Can you share your email id or contact coordinates

How can I buy IOTA in India? Is it good to invest in IOTA? Can IOTA rise like bitcoin in coming years say like 7-8 year?

No Trevor Noah in this but still funny.

1 Like

1.Is bitcoin different from other Altcoins?
2.Does other Altcoins requires the same process of mining as required for bitcoin?

1 Like

Disc: Cannot invest in luxury items like bitcoin.

https://www.quora.com/Is-this-a-right-time-to-buy-Bitcoin/answer/AB-344?srid=pXr3

I wrote this a few months ago. Sharing it.

Verge aims to improve on bitcoin by maintaining personal privacy, using anonymity-centric networks such as Tor, obfuscating IP addressees and making transactions “completely untraceable”. Verge is up more than 1,000 percent in the past week.

IOTA is a cryptocurrency backed by a distributed ledger that’s not on a blockchain. Instead the network is called a “tangle” and aims to eliminate fees by creating a decentralized peer-to-peer system. Iota’s price has soared from less than a dollar a month ago to more than $5, climbing to become the sixth biggest cryptocurrency by market cap, right after litecoin.

Bitcoin is first application on Blockchain, while Ethereum is multipurpose Blockchain platform on top of which application can be build for users. Most of the ICO in 2017 are based on Ethereum platform. Each Altcoins is born with different problem to solve. Some of the Blockchain platforms are competitors like Ethereum and EOS. Ripple and Seller are competitors both trying to solve problem of banking and financial institution. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin Cash are competitors where each transaction confirmation time, fee and no of coins differs. Refer to each Altcoins websites to know it’s purpose and what problem they are trying to solve.

Each Altcoins require mining that is to confirm transactions but not necessary a costly hardware. Mostly Altcoins are moving from proof of work mining which requires costly mining vomputer equipment and electricity to Proof of Stake where no mining equipment are requrie, Ethereum will move to Proof of Stake in 2018/19 .

1 Like

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/iced-tea-company-stock-triples-after-adding-blockchain-to-name/?amp=1

https://m.economictimes.com/default_pwa.cms?article=62202857

Bitcoins below 13000, Down by 30% in 5 days.

Charlie Munger on Bitcoins:

I think it’s perfectly asinine to even pause to think about them!

You know it’s one thing to think that gold has some marvelous store value because man has no way of inventing more gold or getting it very easily. So it has the advantage of rarity.

Believe me, man is capable of somehow creating more Bitcoin.

They tell you they’re not going to do it but they mean they’re not gonna do it unless they want to. That’s what they mean when they say they’re not going to do it.

If they tell you their rules that they can’t do it. Don’t believe them!

When there’s enough incentive bad things will happen.

It’s bad people, crazy bubble, bad idea, luring people into the concept of easy wealth without much insider work.

That’s the last thing on Earth you should think about!

If it worked it would be bad for you cause you’d try to do it again. It’s totally insane!!

And by the way, I’ve just laid out a wonderful life lesson for you. Give a whole lot of things a wide berth. They don’t exist! You know, crooks, crazies, egomaniacs, people full of resentment, people full of self-pity, people who feel like victims. There’s a whole lot of things that aren’t gonna work for you. Figure out what they are and avoid them like the plague, and one of them is Bitcoin!!

And the worst thing would happen if you won because then you’d try to do it again. It’s total insanity!!

3 Likes

Charlie 's view is that after generating 21 million bitcoin in the year 2140 …people will find out way to create more n more bitcoin?

I believe, they will find out way much before 2140. Simply put, he is saying these currencies cannot be used as a store of value like Gold because of human element on both the sides i.e. Supply and Demand.