3M India: Stock to Postit in a portfolio

If one year performance and price to go by Honeywell pass with distinction. However, market is full of surprise in future. I am not able to get hold of Honeywell structure in India and hence decided to take my full quantity in 3M and waiting Honeywell to correct. I have no understanding of which business would grow and how parent interest are aligned to minority shareholder in interest. In past, Honeywell Managment was reasonable to minority shareholder and hence invested around 25% of my required allocation. Waiting for price to correct to increase my allocation further in Honeywell.

I have not answer about switching from 3M to Honeywell. It would individual choices based of his/her risk profile and valuation. Only future would tell whether such switch would be right or wrong. Currently, I do not intend to move over to Honeywell from 3M at current valuation. I may change my view without informing forum. So please do your assessment and take your decision.

Discl: my view may be biased due to my holding, not a recommendation, not a sebi registered advisor.

3 Likes