VST Tillers and Tractors limited

Hi Nigam

Welcome aboard.

regarding ur query about criteria to screen stocks the most important criteria I follow is consistency in growth from where looking at stocks begin. After that I usually look at the balance sheet strength whether it has been stretched while pursuing growth. If not then the study goes further to look at the return ratios, future prospects, and then most important is the valuation at which I buy the stock. Often it requires turning over a lot of stones but ultimately I do manage to find out some stocks worth intensive study where I go all out and look at in depth and then finally when it looks suitable for long term investment, I buy my long term bets.

I havent used any stock screeners for looking at stocks till now. Maybe now on I might give them a try since there are a lot of screeners available esp on fourstocks and here on value pickr etc but I am not too savvy using these screeners.

regarding vst tillers, I feel markets tend to look at quarterly numbers too much in this stock besides profit margins on quarterly basis and hence missing bigger picture which is that of almost amazing consistency in growth. And valuations of around 7-8 times based on forward earnings.

regards

hitesh.

2 Likes