Unichem laboratories ltd

How does Hikal another pharma co appear ? It belongs to reputed Kalyani group.

These would be getting amalgamated to consolidate shares of promoter holdings, donā€™t think these companies would have any operations.

Also BSE does not show any pledged shares either for promoter or major funds. Maybe ICICI might have their internal guidelines. What is the source of this info?

Regarding the query raised by vivek, I think there were talks of capital reduction around 2-3 months in a report by centrum people but later we found out that this was only re classification of promoter holding to consolidate their holdings. Comparing it with the indiabulls people just bcos icici people dont accept them for pledging is jumping the gun.

Meanwhile the company has posted mind boggling numbers for the june quarter.

period q1 fy 13 q1 fy 12 q4 fy 12 fy 12(12M)

**sales 265 187 193 803 **

Op profit 39.5 20.16 25.14 99

Net profit 33.14 15.61 23.2 82.4

eps 3.65 1.72 2.56 9.09

Things seem to have gotten on track for unichem as we were expecting them to. If the run rate shown in q1 fy 13 continues we could be looking at an EPS figure for fy 13 of around 15 or more. And when things get going unichem historically has traded at PE of around 15 times. I think it can cross 200 in 6-12 months or earlier.

Yes superb results from Unichem. Kudos to Hitesh Bhai for yet another sixer .

I tried pledging the Unichem shares to Icici bank but this scrip was under deep freeze category implying the quota for pledging has already been exhausted. Wonder who would be those entities ?

The sector is good , company one of the oldest with huge track record ,Indian formulations sector with its Doctor based prescription model most lucrative exemplified by Huge price paid by Abbott labs for Piramal and exports on growth path.

Can Unichem form a part of ones core portfolio from Pharam sector is the moot question? Could this Maruti 800 become a Mercedes ?

Have only recently started tracking the pharma sector so views invited from Experts ?

Stock may start the upward journey . Excellent results and Rs 3 dividend .If it crosses 160 next target will be 200.

Stock moved up quite fast from 120 to 150 plus. Lastquarterresults will push this stock further in one direction only. It was best to add at 120/125 levels but now i feel still if there is any bigcorrectionin market and drops to 140 levels i think it can be good opportunity to add in small qty.

We must watch another two threequarterperformances. Reliance MF was quite active in this counter . Group is trustworthy .Managementalso picked up decent qty from market when stock was at 102/122 . Shows confidence in company.

It is Hiteshā€™s home turf & he bats better than anyone at home.

Regarding

** gun.

Meanwhile **

** quarter.

period **

** 12(12M)

sales **

Op

Net **

eps **

Things **

earlier.

The other income has increased in this June qtr from Rs 1.8 cr to 6.85 cr. Is it one time foreign exchange gains or what exactly n is it sustainable ? Views invited.

Unichem up +10% today. It has posted excellent qtrly results. The things are falling in place.

Great results and the counter is on the way up!

Thank You Hitesh for another great pick. I had missed Ajanta, hopefully Unichem will maintain the good performance and will actually regain its 15 PE in a year.

It was very intereseting learning for melooking at it as a ā€œturnaroundā€ story (as Hitesh mentioned) whichopenedup my eyes on the potential for upmove.

Cheers

Vinod

melooking whichopenedup

One key learning I have taken from all the turnarounds I have been following is that if the company is debt free and management is good and buying from open market then the company is a sitting duck. aaj nahi to kal usko to chalna hai.

We have an interesting technical situation in unichem which might define the stock price range in the short term. Lets follow it and see how it plays out.

In may 2011, unichem broke down from a bearish head and shoulders pattern and the neckline of the pattern was at around 175. This should provide resistance in the short term.

Now till now we have seen that 155-160 range was providing stiff resistance to upmoves. This range is likely to provide support on downmove for unichem going forward.

One person who seems to be following unichem technicals has this to say in the following link.

http://mappingmarkets.com/2012/08/13/unichem-labs-a-follow-up/

Yet another great call by Hitesh Bhai

Infact he has been right twice on unichem

Once at 100 when the stock spiked to 140 in two days and the second time now with the Q1 numbers

I own unichem since 2008 yet have not added more since

Probably I would participate in next pick of Hitesh bhaiā€™s ))

What are the factors that led Sun Pharma and Lupin to such huge growth ? They have been the true wealth creators for Indian investors. Few of the factors includes

Early mover in ANDA segment

Focus in niche area where competition was less

Ethical promoter with long term vision

Takeover of companies in their segment in USA and Japan

Strong focus on Indian market which feeder their intl foray

Now Question is can Unichem or Alembic or FDC or which one amOngstnthem can emulate the success of Sun and Lupin.

Both intl generics and Indian formulation market are opportunities of huge size.

Views invited

For a long time no activity on this thread.

The price has now moved to 186 to 190 range as predicted by venerable Hitesh Bhai .

Views invited on this co

This is to re-emphasize on the investment of dividend re-investment in your portfolio stocks as highlighted by Donald before.

With the Rs 3 dividend just round the corner, it is apt time to get started with this habit of buying more shares of the same companies with the dividends received.

It is amazing, that this small effort can truly create a huge difference to oneā€™s portfolio going forward.

Unichem feel around 7% today. Any known reason behind the same, or just it is an ignorable fluctuation in market price.

It seems to be falling alongwith the pharma sector stocks. This is to do with the recent changes in the drugs pricing regulations. Need to know if any of Unichemā€™s top drugs has come under the price control or not. Hitesh could throw some light on this.

This doesnā€™t sound nice to me (I am loaded with 45% pharma company in my portfolio). Need to know which companies need would get effected, and possibly how much post this drug pricing regulation.

As per my understanding this drug pricing regulation shouldnā€™t have much impact on indian companies.

Hiteshjee, Need your expert advice on it.

Hi Donald, I think we should have a section where we can discuss about macro/policy changes and the possible effects on various stocks that we are having in our portfolio.

subash,

I think this is a routine correction in a strong bull market for pharma stocks. As per my understanding the major impact will be felt by companies in the MNC Category.

Companies under our coverage like unichem and ajanta have a big export component in their sales and in domestic market they may not be affected much because most of their drugs are in specialities like dermatology, opthalmology etc where dpco wont affect much.

But as happens in most corrections, the whole sector takes a beating irrespective of whether the stocks are going to be majorly affected or not. Thats what is happening with these companies.

I mentioned somewhere earlier in someoneā€™s portfolio thread also that Unichem at around 195-200 was fairly valued neither too expensive nor too cheap. Ajanta looks on a better wicket with its almost all its products outside the dpco net.