Ugro Capital - Opportunity To Invest in a Fintech-like Company Below Book Value

Mr. Nath is the company. The whole basis of investing is him. If he leaves I leave basically. No ceo that wants to build his own name will come here since it really is Mr naths ship. So I hope they just hire someone who is capable and loyal and good at executing in the direction mr nath needs. I’m not too fussed what happens with this position tbh. Even in one of the interviews above he brought Mr ghosh along and it was pretty obvious it was the nath show and nobody else could get a word in. I would leave too if I was mr ghosh. However, As an investor I’m happy since I’m investing due to Nath :slight_smile:

Also, They aren’t getting salaries to survive… Looking at his previous profile he is getting a salary he should receive with his qualifications. He is the star player in this team and everything hinges on him and he has taken a risk leaving religare to pursue this so paying him a small salary wouldn’t work. He also spent 3 years without much in the way of income(relatively speaking) when he left religare and took small positions(and created the aforementioned poshika) while looking for funding to create this baby of his so I’m OK with him being paid now. I personally believe he isn’t in this for the money(though that’s a bit too idealistic… Obviously money matters too and hence the compromise) . He actually wants to build something great and has taken huge risks to be here. His linked in profile literally just says “Building a institution”. He is a man obsessed and that gives me Comfort

And you are right… This company isn’t a small company. They have got most of their chess pieces in place and have a networth of 950 crores. They are basically a 3000 cr mcap company just waiting for the sales and profit to catch up so that the outside world values them as such. They could spend all their spare cash today and built their balance 200+ branches and increase leverage but they are actually very Conservative so they are taking it slow. So internally they are an established institution. It’s just that it will take a few years for the results to be seen on the outside.

I personally haven’t seen any nbfc start off in such a fantastic position with the funding they’ve got(it is a record btw) . They’ll really have to go out of their way to mess this up considering they’ve been given all the cards in their favour. That adds one more bit of Skin in the game(it’s not just no. Of shares owned as many of us as investors narrow it down to) . Mr Naths reputation is on the line now. He is still young… Blowing up ugro with so much funding in play wouldnt bode well for the rest of his career or his name.

Disc: invested. Not a sebi advisor.

Edit: I have noticed a strange correlation between this thread and the volumes traded in the company. The volumes already began peaking and today has hit highs I haven’t seen before. As of now I am going to stop posting about the company in a public forum since there really is a danger that the posts here are moving the company due to the low liquidity and the increase in number of site visitors and I do not want to get this site or me in trouble. Cheers.
Re disclosure: I am invested. I am not a sebi advisor. Not buy or sell recommendations. Please do your own due diligence before investing.

12 Likes