Top Five Picks for long term

@akash_das

in fmgc when i look at price equity then stocks like marico,dabur are getting in much undervalued price compare to tata consumer …

I believe the goodwill and associated impairment make TCPL’s profitability ratios look worse than they actually are. It’s also worth considering the more diverse portfolio TCPL has compared to these companies, and the synergies that may come from being part of the Tata Group. Management is also looking to grow through acquisitions and has the cash for it.

1 Like

Marico and Dabur are also good quality company, I preferred Tata Consumer due to Tata group promoter and their expansion plans with Starbucks and Sampann.

@akash_das

so,valuation doesent matter ?

Valuations are not set in stone.
Dabur price to book is 12.39
Marico price to book is 16.70
Tata Consumer price to book is 4.67
I can say Tata Consumer is 3 times cheaper :grinning:.

1 Like

1…Acrysil
2…Beta drugs
3…Racl geartech
4…SHIL
5…Paushak

3 Likes

Hi @akash_das
Do you have more info on the promoter quality of Stove Kraft?

I was interested in Stove Kraft when ipo came but didn’t invest as it was loss making with negative book value at that time and it was giving exit to private equity people which I didn’t like.
The promoters have private business in same industry by name of SAEL and PAPL which is a conflict of interest. Other than that the management is fine. They have turned around with good profit growth and reserves are positive at present. Valuations are high at present, so I have kept it in watchlist.

Understood. Thanks for the info!

My top pics for long term

1. Gland
  2. Laurus lab
  3. KPR mills
  4. Deepak nitrate
  5. Affle

Listed on the basis of conviction
More details in my portfolio!

1 Like

My five pick for long term purely on basis of high growth potential…

1. Beta drug… oncology products, niche segment
  2. ASM technology… semiconductor technology, great management
  3. Add shop e retail… ayurvedic products, FMCG, nutritional, animal feed, new plant, new products, expansion on.
  4. Bajaj Healthcare…api, formulations, world no 1 producer of ascorbic acid n chlorhexidine. 6 manufacturing units.
  5. Ruttonsha internatinal rectifier … Semiconductor technology, US subsidiary

Expected CAGR 25-30% plus.

1 Like

Dixon Ltd
Relaxo Ltd
Tata consumer
Bajaj finance
LTI

My top 5 pics for long term are

1. RCF
  2. Tata Power
  3. Tejas Network
  4. Tata Chemical
  5. GMDC
1 Like

Dixon is trading at more than 150 PE…Does it have any price upper side left? kindly advise your view?

My top 5 picks
Brightcom
Laurus
Hcc
Udaipur
Sharadacrop chem

Top 5 Picks for Long term

Deepak Nitrite
Laurus Labs
Polycab
APL Apollo
Saregama

3 Likes

hi.,Can You elaborate of APL appollo and Polycab?

My top 5 in no order of preference

Adani group ( as a bucket)

India Pesticides Ltd ( high rose, consecrating management)

Jagsonpal Pharma ( Manish Gupta, former sequent is joining, debt free co)

Toyam Industries ( only listed sporting platform company, debt free)

ITC ( I don’t see downside risk from these levels and with adequate patience value unlocking will happen )

1 Like

can you please share your study about toyam industries

Hi Shikhar,
Just the mma league called kumite has the potential to become like One Fc in Singapore (which is valued over a billion usd. I’m confident india has the market and this company has the potential to do world class events. They are also also have other sport franchises which makes them unique. Overall, I’m quite optimistic on the prospects of growth from events, television, sponsors etc.

1 Like