Thesis - ConCall Search Engine

I will create separate pages for companies and for each company I will show the most relevant words.

1 Like

This is not true. Google provides enterprise search software, which trains on your enterprise’s data (in this case all these concalls) and enables you to use state of the art models and tech with your data. See this: Google Cloud Search: Smart Business Database | Google Workspace Others might have competing products too.

1 Like

Thanks, I will go through it.

1 Like

Fantastic web site, interface is super cool. Results and result presentation is also A1.
I believe you may still be working on extending the search index

Some flickering while loading pdf pages.
Can you tell more about forming search queries …

1 Like

@Akash_Agrawal
I loved your idea. In fact, recently I was searching for similar site and I came across thesis-eq.com and fortunately via this forum got to know the founder of this. Absolutely loved it. I would like to be part of this idea development. Can I help you in any which way? Ovio for free :stuck_out_tongue:

Love from Germany
Saurabh

1 Like

This is brilliant, @Akash_Agrawal. Thanks for working on this, and making it available for the investors’ community! I had been thinking about a similar search engine like this.
Based on quick usage, below is my feedback:

1. How are we ordering the search result in ConCalls? I would like it better when results within company are ordered in reverse chronological order.
  2. Can we add a feature to generate links for queries to be shareable across internet? For instance, I want to see all questions asked by “Sajal Kapoor” in ConCalls and share the result with Sahil.
  3. Can we add a button on UI to collapse the left panel for enhanced reading experience?
  4. [Improved search functionality] Can we add near-word searches in the results? For example: “increasing aluminum price” results in one result (Rain Industries), and “increasing aluminium price” results in one result (National Aluminium Company). I would have expected both results to be shown in searches. Also, I think there would be more companies mentioning increase in Aluminum prices.
  5. Can we add an option to get rid of pagination (switch between pagination and scroll) in ConCalls to allow investors to read uninterruptedly? :slight_smile:
  6. Ability to identify trends - China + 1 (as mentioned by Sahil), Sugar uptrend, CDMO etc - In Sugar for example, may be track commodity prices and correlate with corresponding companies? Deep thinking is required on how to model this :smiley:

Overall, I loved the product, something I was very interested in, and was looking for.

3 Likes

Very Promising , I have started a fintech where we need this kind of data , can we talk .
Please let me know , I am reachable at 9890 396 386

Good to know that you found it useful. I will connect with you.

Hi Aashish, Thanks for writing such detailed feedback.

1. Sorting - Right now results are sorted by relevancy, which means how well the query string has matched with document text. I understand, it is more relevant to show the latest documents first. I will change that.

2. Sharable Link - I really love this idea and spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about this problem, I think I have got a solution for how I can implement this. It will take some time as some part of architecture needs to be changed.

3. UI Collapse - I believe, this thing has low output per unit effort. We can look into this later.

4. Spelling Mistakes - This can be tackled by fuzzy query, will work towards it.

5. PDF Pagination - I understand, this is a pain point, I did pagination (it was tougher than normal viewer) to decrease loading time. Many Annual Reports have 300-400 pages, It really slows the application. I can try two things here: a) On Scroll at the end of page, I will open another page. b) We can have two modes but need to restrict continuous mode for long documents.

6. Trends - I agree, a lot of deep thinking is required for this. I believe, this will become easy, if people can chip in their ideas how do they want to see trends in detail, I can work on how to execute them.

I really appreciate your efforts, Please continue writing whenever you come up with new things.

Regards,
Akash

4 Likes

This is amazing! It’s an one-stop-shop for investors analyzing a company

1 Like

Excellent stuff.
“Revelant Pages” showing blank in the new tab in Firefox, working fine in chrome. Is anyone else facing this issue?

1 Like

Looks good.
But an unhyphenated domain name would be more recallable and brandable.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. I will check the compatibility for different browsers.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, We have moved the application from thesis-eq.com to finsight.ai with some additional features.

1. Create Alerts Section - User can save their preferences to:

• Get notified when any keyword appears for selected companies (Useful for generating new ideas).

• Get notified of all exchange filings for selected companies (Useful for tracking portfolio companies).

• Get notified of news of selected sectors (Useful for tracking particular sectors)

2. Alert Dashboard - Users can see past notifications in this section.

• Keyword Section - Documents containing keywords in users’ watchlist will be listed here. Filter section provides flexibility to select one or more keywords and customize the date.

• All Filings Section - Documents for companies saved in all filings section will appear here.

3. Notifications

• Once the user enables desktop notification in Create-Alert section, he/she will start receiving notifications as per preferences selected.

• On click, it will redirect to PDF on finsight.ai website or respective media house.

• Users can get notifications on phone as well. But the website is not mobile-friendly.

• As of now, Notification is limited to one device i.e last login device.

4. Continuous Mode - Enabled continuous page mode for PDFs with less than 150 pages. Working further to make it possible for longer PDFs. (Right now, Infeasible due to high load time)

5. Share Search Result - User can generate a sharable link using the share button inside the Toolbox.

6. Download PDF - Use the download button inside the Toolbox.

7. Future Course of Work

• Extend Desktop Alerts to Email / WhatsApp / Telegram.

• Bookmark Search Results and News Articles.

• Individual company page with its own set of documents.

• Historical Text Comparison - Enable users to read what the company has mentioned about a particular topic over the years in one frame.

• Note Taking - Write ConCall / Annual Report Summaries, Annotate documents, Attach screenshots of relevant sections, everything in cloud with an option to download.

• Trends - Sector-wise sentiment of particular topics

• Query System on WhatsApp (Exploring this idea). For example - Users can ask for Results/ConCall/Presentation/News of any company /sector. It will be delivered instantly on WhatsApp.

PS. If you are facing PDF flickering or high load time in Chrome, Kindly use other browsers for time being. We are working to resolve this issue.

20 Likes

@Akash_Agrawal great initiative and execution!

1 Like

:clap: this is very useful.Hope it scales up

1 Like

Great Tool, loved the idea
Just a small question
Are you working on increasing the number of stocks the tool currently has, if yes, what is the criteria (based on the demand of users)?

1 Like

Hi,

For Alerts, I have around 3500 companies (> 10cr Mcap), I will increase it for the Document Search from 1000 to these 3500 companies soon.

1 Like

Great :grinning:
Will Help everyone a lot

1 Like

I have just gone through various features of the site, it is brilliant

Few suggestions

• Market is saying chemical sector will surpass IT Market cap in few years, so please have a Chemicals News category
  • The search is little slow, I can understand that but having multi site CDN will help (I am sure this will cost a fortune)

I really liked the search option and the news feed as well. I have just started using it so will post as and when if I have something meaningful to say

Thanks to team

2 Likes