The unknown risk in fixed deposits!

I d’nt think that Fixed deposits have any unknown risk . In fact FDs are one of te safest Investment product of Indians Because its Guaranteed returns.
1: Guaranteed returns mean you can plan your future with confidence
2: Get money as per your needs with flexible interest payout
3: Compounding as interest earned gets reinvested
4:Senior Citizens and longer tenures get higher interest rates
So I will recommend You all ti invest in FD online without any fear :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I just read the question and read the first answer that says that investing in stocks would have yielded more returns in 20 years and investing in the fixed deposit is risking the money appreciation.
This is from my point of view that a person who chooses a fixed deposit as his/her investment instrument has a set mindset that returns will be limited but their money won’t be lost if the market fluctuates.
Like, in today’s situation, due to pandemic middle-class families have emptied bank balance in order to survive with no income. These families are the one who isn’t investing in market but keeps the deposit and further they have the same mindset of keeping a deposit.
I feel a fixed deposit is the safe investment option for the one who wants to keep more liquid balance in their account as it will give interest as well as you can easily liquidate anytime during our financial emergency.

With RIL taking over FEL, how safe is FD in FEL - can it be considered an equivalent of doing a FD in RIL ??
Interest rate of FEL is ~10%?