Eicher Motors - 10%
Britannia - 12%
Nestle - 5%
HDFC AMC - 11%
HDFC Life - 8%
Page Industries - 8%
Avenue Supermarts - 6%
3M India - 6%
Bandhan Bank - 4% (from Gruh holdings alone)
Titan - 2%

Not sold any shares from any of the businesses I currently own.

Thoughts on stock allocation
I’m not a fan of maintaining multiple PFs (like core and satellite; small allocation for trading bets, etc) and am fairly comfortable in holding a concentrated PF although I wish to diversify a bit more (both asset allocation as well as number of stocks/sectors) in the long run once my PF size increases substantially from here. Although the PF size is not big enough, my monthly salary is less than 1% of current PF size and I find it difficult to ramp up stock allocation in PF. For example, now I find it tough to ramp up allocation to Titan and the increasing stock price also does not help. There are times where I’ve sold stocks (Crisil, Alembic Pharma, etc.) because I was not able to increase allocation to my desired level and increasing allocation to existing businesses made more sense.

On the other hand I don’t mind any stock having high allocation in the PF like Bajaj Finance at 29% now. Eicher Motors was once 36% of my PF but has come down now though I’ve not sold a single share (in fact invested more) but because other stocks have done well and last couple of years aren’t good for auto sector. In the medium/short term, not all stocks perform similarly at the same time and individual stock allocation can be managed at our comfortable level in the long run. It all matter how well you can sleep at night having 35+% allocation to a single stock. I personally am not comfortable with 1-3% allocation compared to that of a 35+% allocation.

14 Likes