Are these 3 competitors - Tata Elxsi, KPIT & Tata Technologies?
Tata Elxsi and KPIT are competitors. However KPIT is focused on auto sector only.
Very good and more important consistent result .
Revenues from operations at Rs. 817.7 Cr, + 28.7% YoY
- Overall quarterly revenue crosses US$ 100 million for the first time
- EBITDA Margin expands to 30.2%
- Profit after tax at Rs. 194.7 Cr (3 years back quarterly profit was around 70 cr -now its almost 3 X)
- EPS grows 29.0% YoY
Other positive :
- Attrition down
- Best Innovation award from CII
- Esop to attract and retain talent linked to market performance
In my view Tata Elxsi core competence is design which acts as a key differentiator coupled with their strategic approach of strengthening the CORE and then also GROW more thru getting into adjacency vertical has been smart move .
Tata Elxsi 250123 inv ppt.pdf (2.6 MB)
Key Deal Wins
Selected by a global OEM software organization for a Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) program. Thisrepresents a strategic entry for next generation SDV and EV platform development.
• Tata Elxsi selected to set up an offshore center of excellence for EV system development for a leading USEV system supplier. This represents a multi-million multi-year engagement.
• Tata Elxsi won a design-led New Product Development (NPD) deal from a Global medical devices companyfor development of a home renal care platform.
• A leading broadcaster in EMEA selected Tata Elxsi to develop, integrate and deploy a next generationAdTech platform for streaming video services.
These 2 companies result confirm that ER&D space companies are able to buck trend compared to pure IT services companies
Association with ISRO. This is some development.
This is the first time ISRO
has outsourced the mechanical design and development work for a critical system to an external
partner. Tata Elxsi has also emerged as the preferred partner for similar ISRO projects.
one promoter having three IT companies - TCS , Tata technology ( filed document for IPO ) and Tata elxsi . Promoter may fix boundaries to three companies so that they may not compete with each other. so there will be limitation to growth for tata elxsi.
Dear friends, what is your opinion ?
The projects Which TCS(IT Service) works and Tata Elxsi( ER&D)are different. The overlap will be minimal or very low. And Tata Technologies works in design and BMS , software to cars and other car related products.
So only whole three will not cross in a major way but minor overlaps might there
All Big IT companies like TCS, HCL, Wipro has presence in ER&D. % of E R&D may be low compared to overall revenue but some has >1 Billion USD revenue from this segment
Check below link on Automotive E R&D rankings.
you search TCS + BMS or other technology in google, you will find TCS is working there as well.
can say Tata Elxsi has more focus on certain domains and in current automotive cycle its growth will be higher.
Last paragraph would be more appropriate for KPIT.
TEL has good presence in Media, Medical devices etc.
Anyone would like to work with a specialist. Please bear in mind UT companies work with CTOs where as EnRD companies work with Design Teams there tend to have higher bargaining power.
Disc Invested in TEL and LTTS
How are Tata Elxsi different than Tata Technologies?
You can refer to the thread on Tata technologies for the difference.