Selecting a broker

Are you using NRI SERVICES from fivaisa

That’s strange. Could you DM me more details? I can help check why this happened.

P.S.: I work at Zerodha.

3 Likes

Has anyone faced issues with ICICI Direct not crediting shares in demat account within settlement period?

I (was) big fan of Zerodha, however it’s not all good what they said in interview etc (mostly we always works in interest of our client).

Let me share my point,
Am having 2 accounts; 1. Z and 2. Nuvama (Edelweiss)
Today morning I transferred fund from broker to bank at almost same time from both account, received fund from N to my bank in few hours, preciously less than 3 hours, whereas Z fund is not yet creditted (I believe will be deposited tomorrow morning).
Also it takes time more time for Z to reflect fund in withdrawable balance. Either my N is better than Z or Z is not to the mark - As I don’t know other than N & Z.

2 Likes

This is about Upstox:

When i opened an account, they automatically credited an ETF (1 quantity, 50/-), without telling a reason. Who complains when you get a freebie anyway. Till you want to close the account.

They won’t let you close the account till you have a holding in your account. If you are like me and never used Upstox, and your account is dormant, you will have to do EKYC again, then sell the freebie to close the account. Sell an ETF that you didn’t buy in the first place !

This is a great strategy because it stops inactive and dormant accounts from going out by creating another layer of deterrence. Those who use the platform are less likely to close it anyway.

Is it because the number of account holders matter when they go to an investor for financing.

Transparency is the biggest reason why i like Zerodha.

In my free time, i will do the KYC again to close this account for sure.

2 Likes

This did not happen with me. No ETF units were allotted and I have no holdings in the account right now, no funds either.

The freebie should have some legal backing behind it, like sending/receiving stocks or ETF units from family, which will be taxed as per the tax rules.

I don’t know what such rule exists with a freebie from the broker.

1 Like

Has anyone transfered their earlier regular HDFC securities demat account to the new HDFC SKY platform?
If yes, please let know the process. Their customer care is very pathetic. Not able to connect at all.

strong text

ICICI direct have started scheme of Upstream .

Up Streaming of funds means debiting the peak margin (Highest margin created anytime during the day) and pay-in obligation from client’s account and upstream the funds to Clearing Corporations (CC). The movement of fund would be customer depositing funds in ICICI Up Streaming Client Nodal Bank Account- USCNBA), from their money will move to Broker’s Settlement account and then to Clearing Corporation. That means, the funds will be debited from the clients account and same will be Up Streamed on the same day to Clearing Corporation within the given cut off time. The Cut-off time given by CC for the same is 7.00 PM.

If I place BUY order for target price of 100, but during that day market price remains at 102 ( my buying target is not achieved), ICICI direct still will block money one Night for weekdays and 2 days for weekend days. It will given back next day morning and on Monday morning ( for Friday buy orders).

As I understand, this scheme is only for ICICI direct and Not for other brokers.

Following is SEBI circular.
V. Upstreaming of funds: Funds received on a given day by SBs shall be transferred to CMs, and by CMs to the CC any time during the day, but not later than the respective cutoff times. The respective cutoff times for upstreaming are as follow: Sr. No. Particular Cutoff time 1 CM upstreaming cutoff time To be decided by CC – not earlier than 6:00 PM 2 SB upstreaming cutoff time To be decided by CM – not earlier than 1 hour prior to CM upstreaming cutoff time

Read more at: SEBI Circular: Upstreaming Clients’ Funds – Implications & Guidelines

Ultimately this is client money and what is right to ICICI direct to block money.

I have another Zerodha demat account wherein buy orders if not executed are cancelled at 4.30 PM.

Request opinions of members of VP.

Hi, Is anyone able to apply IPO for minors? If yes, which service provider?

Note: I used to do it through the bank website of Axis bank earlier (the demat account was with Axis Securities). However, couple of months back Axis Bank has restricted minor logins to their website and the same needs to go through the guardian logins. The bank has not updated their portal enough to be able to access the minors demat account and apply ipo through this guardian login!!

Hi, has anyone tried mstock and it’s MTF facility for swing trading? I see the interest rates are way less than Kotak or Dhan.

Any broker who allows buying GSM stage 2,3,4 stocks

Currently

zerodha,
upstox,
angel one,
dhan
motilal oswal
Paytm money

doesn’t allow GSM stage 2,3,4 stocks

Please share if anyone knows

Can anyone please tell me which brokers allow Deep OTM options buying with far away strike prices without any restrictions. I have account in zerodha but they don’t allow deep OTM buying. I have suffered huge losses due to recent volatility in Bank nifty index. Appreciate if anyone can share few brokers who allows deep OTM buying. Thanks in advance.

I have been using ICICI Direct for quite some time, but I recently opened another account with JM Financials since ICICI Direct responded in negative to link IDBI Bank account for cash-in/cash-out. Any feedback about this broker from experienced boarders is welcome. I would also like to know if JM Financials enables the buying and selling of US-listed stocks and ADRs.

Thanks

“Tradeswift”
You can try this broker ,please do your own research before taking any step.

1 Like

I have JM finance accounts since 8 years . Frankly they are worst brokers. They don’t care for small clients. Any given day they will not allow trading in sme or any penny stocks or asm / gsm shares.
Once they allowed to buy me sme shares and next day they didn’t allowed to sell that same shares

1 Like

Deep otm will not give you an edge. You can backtest it forward test

The loss is usually due to market going against our views

To test, look at the price today for deep otm put and call

As well as price today of itm call and put

Then assuming you have taken 10k of calls or puts see the loss or gains and you’ll notice most loss and gains are same

What I think you need to do is take far dated calls or puts and mostly “in the money” calls or puts as the iv on them is lowest

Either way if your views are wrong, you’ll make a loss.

The best time to make money on options is when market is at very stretched positions. Usually it’s risky to take puts as over long run stocks go up. But if you wait for a right opportunity and markets fall or retrace substantially and you take a far dated itm calls you have lot of things in your favour to walk out atleast at break even if not profitable

1 Like

But this will have higher premium theta decay, right? What I was thinking is if I pay a small amount for Deep OTM’s (example 5-10 Rs. and Qty 2-3 times of my original position), then in case of v high volatility it can act as hedge and protect the capital against big losses. I mostly prefer weekly option selling because I feel comfortable to take it overnight, due to theta decay but in high volatile movements it’s a curse. I lost my 80% capital in just 3-4 trading sessions due to big gap up-gap down. I buy ITM’s also but only when I am v sure of trend. I am still in learning stage in FNO. So learning and trying different trading strategies.

What I have observed is complete risk can’t be eliminated. If I buy far away ITM than I will have to face loss of premiums due to theta decay, if I buy deep OTM of near expiry than I will lose all premium 90-95% time unless there is v big movement which happens once in a while.

Far away options have significantly lower theta decay than near options
If buying buy 6 months far, there is no decay but liquidity is thin and spread is not great
If you keep an order it usually fills

1 Like

Does anyone have account with HDFC Sky? How is the interface and glitches if any?

This got corrected by zeordha recently…
Zerodha introduced quick payout for below 50k amount, this got in bank immediately. Good change.